Chapter 8. 1813 

Briella was sitting on the chaise in the parlor, her body enveloped in a dark blue silk gown with off the shoulder sleeves and a low-cut neckline with lace along the bodice. Her hair was down, as usual. She had just finished taking a bath and having her glass of blood wine for the week. She was dreading the arrival of Nikolai Michael and George, knowing what was in store for her.
Briella glanced down at her hands which were curled up in her lap. She hated Ruby Hall, despised everyone in it. She didn't want to be in that brothel for a moment longer. She was wanting to escape, wanting to be the mistress of someone who wouldn't hurt her.
Hearing the familiar foot falls of her three tormentors, Briella slowly raised her head and noticed Michael Nikolai and George walking into the parlor. Then she noticed another gentleman behind them. Who was he? She hadn't seen him before.
Nikolai smiled deviously, walking over to Briella and grabbing her by her upper arms. "It seems you are ready for us. All we have to do is get you naked."
Michael. "We've brought a friend with us to watch the show."
George. "We know you are going to enjoy this one."
Briella swallowed hard. "What do you mean?"
Nikolai. "We asked Esmeralda if we could all have some fun with you this evening, and she has said yes."
Briella felt her heart stop. She was going to be used by all three of them. She tried glancing toward their fourth companion, but was dragged into the pleasure room. Within moments, she felt her gown being removed.
Nikolai turned around, his eyes bright. "Come and join us your grace, I'm sure you will enjoy this as much as we are."
Michael chuckled. "This little whore is going to be at our mercy by the end of this evening."
George. "I don't believe she will be able to move by the time we are through with her."
Before Briella could say a word, much less react, she was forced onto her hands and knees. She started shaking with fear, knowing what was to come next.
George smiled, snapping his fingers and producing a silver rod. "Shall we gentlemen?"
Nikolai and Michael smiled deviously, their eyes glowing. "With pleasure."
Briella remained frozen, closing her eyes as the pain began.
***
Julian felt sick, absolutely nauseous with panic as he watched the beautiful creature before him being tortured by her three clients. He couldn't believe that she was being treated so terribly. He watched as her entire body was used in various ways.
45 minutes later, Nikolai Michael and George finally finished. They dropped the young woman onto the floor, fixing themselves and chuckling. They were very pleased.
Nikolai. "What did you think your grace? She's quite a little harlot isn't she?"
Julian was trembling with rage. He couldn't believe what he had just been forced to witness. He was wanting to strangle the three bastards before him. "Get out!"
Nikolai. "My word, you look as if you're about to hit the wall."
Julian. "I said get out!"
Still chuckling with satisfaction, the three gentlemen turned and left the room, closing the door behind them.
Feeling the anger disappear from his body, Julian turned his attention to the young woman still crumpled on the floor. Kneeling in front of her, he gently lifted her face so that he could stare into her eyes. He softly caressed her cheek, staring into a pair of the most beautiful aqua blue orbs he had ever seen. "I won't hurt you, I promise. I am going to take care of you, make sure that no one hurts you again."
The beautiful creature stared at him for a few more moments, and then collapsed into his arms. Her eyes fluttered closed, her body going limp.
Frightened beyond his wits, Julian held the girl tightly against his chest, snapping his fingers and teleporting the two of them to Monroe Park. Entering his Mayfair estate, he started yelling for servants to get a bath ready, for someone to send for a doctor. He carried his companion upstairs and brought her to one of the guest bedrooms. He placed her carefully onto the bed, his body trembling with fear.
Penelope's former lady in waiting, Dorothy, poked her head into the room. "Your grace, I am here to prepare the bath."
Julian turned around to look at the young Burnett, trying to collect his emotions. He was still very shaken from what he had witnessed at Ruby Hall. "Thank you Dorothy."
Dorothy stepped into the room. "Go and get some rest your Grace, I will stay with her. I will come and inform you if she has awakened."
Julian exhaled slowly. "Thank you. Send for me when the doctor arrives as well, please."
Dorothy nodded. "Of course your grace."
Knowing that his guest was in safe hands, Julian turned and walked into his office. Closing the door behind him, he walked over to his desk and took a seat. He stared at his paperwork before him, his mind not able to make sense of any of it. He couldn't think clearly, not after what had taken place earlier that night.
Getting up from his seat, Julian walked over to the decanter that was on the table beside the dark red chaise by the window. Pouring himself a glass of wine, he sat down on the chaise and started to concentrate on his thoughts. He knew one thing, he was going to make sure that his guest was well taken care of. She wouldn't go back to Ruby Hall again.