Chapter 5. 1813 

The courtesan will have a 45 minute appointment window in which she must be submissive to her clients.

The courtesan must give and not receive pleasure.

The courtesan will receive one glass of blood per week.

The courtesan must work even if she is having her courses.

Briella felt as if her heart was going to explode. This wasn't the arrangement she was thinking of at all. She would be used by men. She would only be allowed to give pleasure, not receive it in return. She would only have one glass of unicorn blood a week. She would be forced to work while on her courses.

Briella was about to put the document down onto the bedside table, but then noticed a final rule underneath the rest of them. Her eyes traveled across the sentence, and her skin began to crawl. She felt nausea rise to her lips.

The courtesan will not refuse bondage.

Briella started shaking, crumbling up the document and throwing it into the fire. Tears began cascading down her cheeks as she curled up on the bed. She was in danger, a dark and perilous danger that she couldn't turn away from.

After allowing her tears to fall, Briella rose from her bed and changed into a nightgown. Climbing back under the covers, she placed her head against the pillow and closed her eyes. She had no idea what the following evening was going to bring, but she knew it was going to be far from pleasurable.

***

Throughout the following day, Briella tried conversing with the other young women, but none of them had a desire to speak with her. What was more, her meals weren't substantial, not by any means. A single scone for breakfast, two small sandwiches for tea time, and a bowl of soup with a bread roll for dinner.

That night, once dinner was finished, and after she had her single glass of blood wine for the week, Briella went to her bedroom and changed into one of the many undesirable gowns that she had. She stared at her reflection in the large gold mirror, noticing how her curves became hugged, and quite exposed, in her dark red gown. She shook her head with displeasure before snapping her fingers and allowing her hair to become formed into an elegant chignon with just a little magic.

Taking a breath, Briella emerged out of her bedroom and walked downstairs to the main parlor of Ruby Hall. She saw the other five girls, dressed in similar fashions, already entertaining a group of gentlemen. She swallowed hard, sensing that most of these gentlemen were warlocks and not vampires, much less hybrids.

Esmeralda smiled deviously, walking over to Briella. "You look stunning my dear. Come with me, there is a gentleman I would like for you to meet."

Briella followed a Esmeralda past the group of women and gentlemen and into another room. The walls of the room, unlike the rest of the house and bedrooms, were composed of black marble and trimmed with dark red. There was a blazing fireplace, tall glass window, chamber pot, and two pieces of furniture. One piece of furniture was a magnificent circular chaise by the window. The other piece of furniture was a circular bed that was just as enormous as the chaise.

Esmeralda. "Miss Weston, allow me to introduce Lord Nikolay Greenwich. Viscount Greenwich, allow me to introduce your harlot for the night, Miss Briella Weston."

Briella felt her stomach twist as she saw Viscount Greenwich for the first time. He was tall, with black hair and black eyes. He reminded her of Charles, and that made her tremble. He wasn't handsome, not even attractive.

Nikolai smiled deviously, his eyes turning a menacing dark red. It was clear he was a vampire and not a warlock. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Weston."

Briella felt her heart squeeze with fear. Nikolai's voice was silky like a serpent. It wasn't inviting, not one bit.

Esmeralda smiled. "I shall leave the two of you alone. Have a pleasant evening."

Briella started shaking as she watched Esmeralda close the door behind her. She realized then that she wasn't going anywhere. Turning slowly back around, she saw the Viscount eyeballing her as if she was a piece of cake on a cake stand.

Smiling deviously, Nikolai took a step forward until he was inches away from her. He brought his lips to her ear, his voice a deadly whisper. "I cannot wait for that beautiful little mouth of yours to wrap around my cock, to be choked by it. Then, I cannot wait to have you on all fours in front of me with complete submission while I have my way with you."

Briella whimpered, her body trembling with panic. She had no idea men could be this disgusting. She opened her mouth to respond, to say anything, but was silenced by Nikolai pressing his lips, and body, tightly against hers.

Growling with pleasure, Nikolai forced Briella to open her mouth, shoving his tongue deep into her mouth and twisting it with hers. His hands went to the back of her gown, skillfully removing her corset and peeling off her garment with one swift motion. Then he removed her shift, tossing it to the floor. Finally stepping back, he removed his own clothing.

Briella was panting, her heart pounding. She didn't like this gentleman, but knew she needed some form of financial stability. Her eyes traveled down his body, and she realized just how muscular and powerful he was. And then her eyes traveled down to his cock, and her stomach dropped as she saw just how large he was.