Chapter 40

I wake up to my alarm vibrating next to me and look beside me to see Seb still asleep. I kiss his forehead before getting up to use the bathroom. I decide to get dressed early instead of rushing later so I get dressed in some simple jeans, a t shirt, and a sweatshirt. I look back before I head to the nursery and I see Seb still peacefully sleeping, smiling at him. I open the door and Oli is sitting up rubbing his eyes, letting out little yawns. I quietly shut the door behind me and Oli looks at me with sleepy eyes and a small smile. "Dada" He says while making grabby hands at me so I walk over and pick him up out of his crib. I set him on my hip, "How did you sleep baby boy?" I ask him, "Good!" I kiss his forehead which makes him giggle. "Are you hungry at all? Or I can put on the dino show?" Oli perks up and nods his head, "Fwuit and dino show pwease" I smile at him, "You got it Oli" I walk out of his room and set him on the couch, "Where daddy?" He asks as I put on his dino show, "Daddy is still sleeping" I tell him and he shrugs.

I head into the kitchen and cut up some fruit. I put all of the fruit into a bowl with a baby fork and I walk back into the living room to see Oli gone. "Oli?" I say into the silence and walk around until I find him trying to open our bedroom door. "Oli" He squeaks and jumps back from the door like it burned him. "What are you doing?" I question him and he looks down at his feet, "Wan see daddy" He says and I set down the bowl of fruit. I walk towards him and pat his head, "I know. How about I see if daddy is awake?" He jumps up and down, "Yes! Yes!" I slowly open the door so I can peer in. I see Seb shifting and flips onto his back rubbing his eyes. I step into the room and he smiles at me, "Good morning" I say from the door while Oli is trying to push past me into the room, "Good morning. Is that Oli?" He asks me with a slight chuckle and I nod my head. "He wanted to see you. Can I let him in?" He nods his head and step out of the way letting him in. He jumps on the bed and goes straight into Seb's lap.

I sit down on the edge of the bed, "Do you want me to get you anything?" He looks up while Oli is trying to bite his fingers, "Maybe a cup of coffee would be good?" I nod my head and get up to start the pot. I lean against the counter, watching the coffee drip into the mug. I see Seb walk out of the room with Oli attached to him, "Oli you have to let go of me for just a second so I can walk" Oli whines and shakes his head. I look at them curiously, "What has you so clingy this morning Oli?" I ask and Oli burries his face into Seb's chest. "Come on. You can tell dada" I try to persuade him and he looks out shyly, "Daddy going to die!" He cries out and we both look at him confused. "What do you mean I'm going to die?" Seb asks Oli, "Dada say somfin wrong wif chu heawt" I look at Oli sympathetically, "Oh Oli. I'm not going to die. I have to get a checkup to make sure my heart is healthy" Oli looks at him with wide eyes but nods his head unsure. "Come wif?" He asks and we both laugh making him whine, "Of course you're coming with us. I can't do it without my baby" Oli gaps, "I help! We go now?" He looks between the both of us. "We will in a little bit" He nods his head and runs off to find his toys.

I hand him his cup of coffee which he happily takes and starts sipping on it. 'I can't believe Oli thought you were dying" I laugh to myself, "Yeah, I know. But his little brain wouldn't be able to comprehend" He says and I nod my head. I look at the clock and see we have to leave in 20 minutes if we're going to make it on time. "I should get Oli ready since we have to leave soon" I say and he nods his head, "I'll help" I smile at him and kiss his cheek before we call Oli over to head to the nursery. We both get to the nurser and open the door, "Alright Oli. What do you want to wear?" I ask as he walks over to his closet, "Dis!" He says holding up a dinosaur t shirt and his overalls with a dog on the pouch portion of the overalls. I nod my head as I unclip the overalls, I look over to see Se getting Oli's backpack ready in case we needed extra diapers, clothes, or any toys he wanted to bring with him. I take off his pj shirt and pull the new shirt over his head. I hold the overalls open so Oli can step in and I pull them up over his diaper, clipping them to the front.