Chapter 13

I lay down in my bed and the next thing I know, my alarm is blaring even when I don't remember falling asleep. I quickly get up and go through my morning routine which consists of getting dressed, making coffee, and making breakfast for myself and Oli, I get both of our backpacks packed and get Oli dressed. Now Oli is eating his breakfast, he wanted fruit, so I quickly cut some up setting them on his tray. I get the backpacks in the car and when I come back inside Oli is finished, making grabby hands at me to get picked up. I pick him up out of his highchair and set him on his feet. He excitedly grabs my hand, and I lead him to the car, opening up the door and setting him in his car seat. I head to my side of the car, get in and start the car. I exit the driveway and head toward Austin's house. "Hey, Oli. I wanted to let you know that we will be staying at Austin's house after I pick you up for a little bit" He looks at me, "Why stay?" I look back at him through the rear-view mirror when we stop at a light, "Well there is a person who wants to have a baby boy like you and wants to ask me some questions about us" He looks happy and starts bouncing in his seat, "I help daddy!" I laugh at his response, "Yes baby boy".

I pull up to the house, and I get everything out of the car before picking up Oli and setting him down. He takes my hand, and I grab both of the backpacks. We head up to the front door, and I knock Austin opens up the door with Liam behind him bouncing on his feet wanting to greet Oli. I step inside and set Oli on his feet; Liam automatically goes over to tell him how much he missed him. Oli giggles and tells him what he did when he got home yesterday. I smile at them before turning my attention back to Austin, "So my friend Grayson is going to be here around 5 ish so he'll be here when you come to pick up Oli, and Liam's mommy will be here to pick him up early at 4 o'clock" I nod my head and smile before I see Liam pulling Oli to play with some toys. I hate to pull him away, but I want to say goodbye, "Oliver, your daddy is leaving now. Do you want to say goodbye?" Oli runs to me and gives me a big hug. I kiss his cheek and tell him to be good. "Miss you daddy" He pouts a little, but I assure him that I will be back before he knows it. "I will miss you too Oli. Be good while I am gone" He nods his head, and I say goodbye to Austin. I exit his house, and I get into my car, driving off to work.

I make it to my work building, and I get my backpack out from the passenger side to start my journey inside. I walk into the building and head up the elevator to get to my desk. I check my emails and where I need to go for the day. I saw an email from a bank as well as a bigger tech company, I sent them an email letting them know that I would happily help them with management style as well as better efficiency. I decided to get to work on writing up some plans for other companies as well as sending them a summary of what we talked about so we can talk about it again at another meeting. I do that for the rest of day, thinking about Oli and how much I miss him. The day goes by pretty fast, and I look at my watch t see the time is 4:30. The secretary for the floor knocks on my door, "Come in" She enters and starts to say, "You have a call waiting. They're asking about some things you went over in the last meeting. Do you want me to patch them through?" I nod my head and wait for the light to light up, picking up the phone when it rings. I answered the call, and I quickly recognized who this was. We talked about how I was writing the summary for them as we spoke and I was going to email it to them as soon as possible. I also answered some questions that they had. He says thank you and apologizes for calling so late. I let him know it was no problem and I was happy to help, I hung up the phone. I look at the clock and see that is 4:55. I quickly pack up my stuff, clock out, and exit the building. I get in my car and start to drive to Austin's house.

I pull up to the house and exit my car. I straighten my dress shirt before I knock on the door. I hear Austin behind the door before he opens it, smiling at me. "Hey! How was work?" He steps aside to let me in, and I step in. "It was good. A very slow but productive day" I smile as I see Oli running towards me, "Oli!" I pick him up before he can crash into me, "Daddy! Miss you" He cuddles into my neck. I see a guy standing beside the couch awkwardly, and I look at Austin, "Oh! Sorry about that. Seb this is Grayson. Grayson this is Seb" I walk closer, and he shakes my hand, "It's nice to meet you Grayson" He smiles at me, seeming to relax. "Nice to meet you as well Seb" I readjust Oli on my hip, but he whines when he feels movement. "How about we go to the living room so we can sit down" I nod my head and sit down on the far end of the couch with Oli in my lap.