Chapter 61 Pt. 1

Things have been incredibly hectic with my job lately and to make matters worse, they're asking me to go on a trip to advise one of our out-of-town companies. When I told Gabe he was a little disappointed to see me leaving but was reassured when I told him it was only overnight. But when we told Oli he was very confused. "Daddy weave Oli?" He says his eyes slowly welding up with tears. "No no baby boy. Daddy just has to go out of town for a bit but Dada will be here with you" He sniffles and looks at Gabe who is giving him a big smile. "Chu pwomise come back?" He asks and I nod my head. He makes grabby hands to be picked up so I set him on my hip and wipe away his tears. "Are you okay Oli?" I ask him to make sure and he nods, laying his head on my shoulder. I kiss the side of his head and give him a big hug.

The next morning, I was packing up all of my stuff in the suitcase while Gabe was getting Oli dressed. He said he wanted to take Oli with him to the grocery store and run some errands. I think it will be nice for the two of them to spend some alone time together. Oli is very attached to both of us but hasn't spent much time with Gabe just the two of them. I take the suitcase off the bed and roll it out to the living room to set it by the door. I hear a loud whine come from Oli's room and I narrow my eyes in that direction. I start to walk toward the room when Oli comes bolting out with just pants on. Gabe follows calmly and jumps back a bit when he sees me, "You scared me" He says with a light chuckle and I lean against the wall, "Do you need some help?" He nods his head and we both go to the living room.

"Oli" Gabe says and Oli looks up from his spot on the floor where he had spread out his toys. "You have to wear a shirt. You can't go out half naked" He shakes his head and I slowly walk over to the other side of the couch. "Nu!" He yells before getting up to start running again but I swiftly pick him up before he can slip past me, "What is it with you and not wanting to wear clothes" I ask him playfully and he whines, "Nu wike" He says, "I understand baby boy. But it's just for you to go outside then you can wear whatever you want when you get home" He shrugs and I nudge my head at Gabe who walks over. He slips the shirt over Oli's head and kisses his cheek. Oli scrunches up his nose in disgust but soon is back to his happy self when Gabe mentions he was bringing snacks for the trip.

The time had come when I had to get going and they both looked so sad that it made me want to stay. "I promise that 2 days will go by super-fast" I tell them and they both shrug. I hug Gabe tightly and kiss his lips before bending down slightly to Oli. "Be a good boy for dada while I'm gone and I might get you something from my trip" Oli perks up and giggles nodding his head. "I be da bestest" I coo at him before kissing his forehead and giving him a big hug. I grab my car keys and head out the door as I wave goodbye to them. I sigh deeply getting into my car and I look back at the house. I wish I could stay with them as that would be a lot better than going on a trip for work. I let my thoughts wander as I pull out of the driveway and head toward my destination.

Gabe's POV

Once Seb left the house Oli was a little down but once I suggested going out which made him perk up a tiny bit. I got him dressed in some pants along with his favorite dino shirt and a sweatshirt just in case he got cold. I pick him up, grab his backpack, and head out the door. We start the drive to the grocery store and Oli hasn't said anything which makes me worry that he's sadder than he led on. I park the car and turn off the car before looking back at him, "Hey Oli?" I ask him and he looks at me curiously, "Are you okay? We can go home if you don't want to be out right now" Oli shakes his head and hugs his dino tightly to his chest. "Wan shop wif dada" he says letting out a small giggle and I nod my head, getting out of the car.

Oli takes my hand as we walk up to the store and I grab a cart. "Up! Up!" Oli says reaching out his arms to me and I set him in the cart. I smile at him and he seems to feel a little better which makes me happy. I start in the cereal aisle where I get some different kinds of cereal for all three of us and put it in the cart. I notice Oli put his fingers in his mouth and pull the cart off to the side to fish out his teether. I pull out the teether and tie the clip to the teether. I clip the teether to his clothes and replace his fingers with the teether. Once he's set, we start the way to the other side of the store.