Chapter 6

I wake up to Oli drooling on my chest. He had shifted himself so he was laying his head on my bare chest and his teether had fallen out of his mouth. I really need to get him a paci for night-time. I pick up his teether, putting it on my night stand. I check my phone for the time, it reads 9:30 am. I look at my phone in shock, I didn't expect to sleep so late. I quietly get out of bed to put on a shirt and use the bathroom. Once I leave the bathroom, I see Oli standing at the foot of the bed, rubbing his eyes while clutching his blankie in his other hand. Once he sees me, he smiles and runs towards me giggling, "Daddy!" I swiftly pick him up "My little Oli is awake!" I tell him eustatically. "Are you hungry little one?" I ask him, he nods his head as he goes to lay his head down on my shoulder. I carry him to the kitchen and set him in his highchair, strapping him in. I decide to cut up some of his favorite fruits which include apples, oranges, and strawberries. He bounces excitedly when he sees the fruit being cut up so I put a small fork in the bowl, setting it on his tray. He happily uses the for instead of his hands, thank goodness, and I go to fix myself some coffee to help wake me up. Once it's done, I sit next to Oli at the table and watch him enjoy his fruit babbling on about his toys and the Dino show he loves now.

Once he is done, I take the bowl from his tray and put it in the sink. I pick him up from his highchair to set him in front of some of his toys while I wash his sheets and clothes from last night. After I see that he is occupied, I head to his nursery, pick up the basket and walk to the laundry room. I throw the sheets and onesie in with some fabric softener and a tide pod. I click start and let the washer do its thing. I sigh happily, knowing that everything is being taken care of. I look up what time the nearest Target opened up which was 8:00 am, perfect I thought. I smiled as I watched Oliver play and just enjoy being himself. I head to his nursery to pick out a outfit for him consisting of jean overalls and an oversized blue sweatshirt. I head back out to the living room where Oli is playing with his dino toys, I feel bad about pulling him away, "Baby boy, it's time to get dressed and go shopping for rain boots" He perks up and runs toward me, grabbing my hand, "Daddy? Oli get blu boots?" He tilts his head at me and I smile down at him, "Yes of course Oli. Any color you want" I take off his onesie and check his diaper, it's dry so I pull the sweatshirt over his body and tug up his overalls, clipping them in the front. "Oli. Would you like to take any toys with you besides your teether?" He looks inside his toy box in his nursey and hold up his dino story book "Take?" I ruffle his hair and smile "Of course you can my sweet boy" He bounces on his feet and grabs the story book. I start to pack a bag with the usual items such as his blanket, teether, and some snacks in case he gets hungry. "Ready to go?" He nods his head and we head to the front door, I put on his shoes and make sure he has everything before putting on mine. I look out the window to make sure it's not raining, thankfully it isn't, only cloudy.

I take Oli's hand and head out the front door. I set my backpack in the front seat as I open the back door and pick up Oli, setting him in his car seat. I buckle him in and close the door. I head towards the driver's side and slide into the seat. I take out his blanket and set it over his lap, he giggles and gives me a small thank you. I smile back at him and start the car, heading to the store. As I pull into a parking lot, I turn off the car and grab my back pack beside me and pull it onto my shoulders. I open the back door to unbuckle Oli and pick him up, putting him on his feet, still holding onto his story book. I put his blanket in the back pack and take his hand as we head to the store. I grab a cart, in case we buy more stuff we may or may not need, and head into the store. I make sure Oli is right by my side as we head to the shoe section. I find the section with all of the rain boots and start looking down the aisle. Oli sees a pair that he likes and runs toward them, "Oli. Be careful!" He grabs the boots off of the shelf and holds them up, "Try?" He asks me, "Yes Oli but we cannot run in the store. You could trip and hurt yourself. Do you understand?" I see him start to shrink a little bit but eagerly nods at me, "Yes daddy. Sowwy" I ruffle his hair to tell him it's okay and sit him down on a bench so he can try them on. I take of his current shoes and replace them with the rain boots. I ask him to stand up, "How do they feel Oli? Too tight? Too loose?" He wiggles his feet in the shoes and giggles when he hears the squeaking sound. "Perfect daddy!" He says and I sigh out of relief knowing that we found a pair that fits. "Outside?" He speaks up and I shake my head. "Not now Oli. We have a couple other things to buy and then you can try them on outside" He pouts but nods his head. I take off the boots and replace them with the shoes he worse into the store. I put the rain boots in the cart.