Chapter 11

Next thing I knew, my alarm is going off and I debate about even going to work, snoozing my alarm sounds good right now. I regretfully get up and swiftly wash my face before getting dressed. I walk out of my room to make myself a mega pint of coffee and I make myself oatmeal so I can get some sort of energy. I eat at the table while I listen to the mobile in the nursery. Once I finish, I put my bowl in the sink. I look at the clock and it reads 7:15. A little early late today but I can still make it so I head to the nursery and open up the door. I see Oli passed out with his blanket covering him and his paci still in his mouth. I gently shake him and he whines after he opens his eyes but smiles when he sees me giving a little stretch. I pick him up and check his diaper, it was dry so I get him dressed and take him to the kitchen, "Are you hungry Oli?" He shakes his head and I place him on the living room floor on his mat so he can play while I pack his bag. I didn't unpack my bag last night so it was already ready to go. I put the same items as yesterday into his Dino backpack and set both bags by the door.

When I am done cleaning up the kitchen as much as I can, I walk back into the living room to see Oli falling asleep. Every time his head leans forward, he jerks his head back to stay awake and his paci falls out in the process. I quickly put his paci in his backpack. I head out to the car to drop off the bags and come back in to pick up Oli. He whines as I pick him up and hold him on my hip, "Sweepy" I rub his back as we head to the car, "I know Oli. You can sleep more when you get to daycare" I buckle him in his car seat and head to the driver's seat, starting the car and driving off.

When we reach Austin's house it is almost 8:10 so I need to be quick on my feet. I turn off the car and I get both backpacks out of the car, putting them on the ground as I rush around to Oli's side. I pick up Oli and set him on his feet as he holds my hand. I take both pack packs up to the front door and I knock on the door. Austin opens up the door with a smile and invites me in. He bends down to Oli's level, "Hey little one. It's nice to see you" Oli whines and rubs his eyes. Austin looks up at me confused, "He went to bed very late last night and we had to get up early so he is really tired" Austin nods his head and rubs the back of his neck, "It might be due to the fact that I gave him candy" I stare at him with my eyes narrowed, "Yeah Oli told me" He promises me that it won't happen again and I forgive him. "Alright little Oli. You can go back to sleep now that you're here" I kiss his head and he mumbles, "Wuv daddy" I smile "I love you too Oli. Now have a good day and I will see you soon" He releases his grip on me and I head out the door. I head to my car, start it up, and head to work.

Austin POV

I take Oliver's hand and lead him to the nursery that I have built into my house, grabbing his backpack in the process. Oliver is dragging his feet, "Oliver you need to pick up your feet" He whines, "Wanna sweepy now" I shake my head and lead him down the hall as I open up the door. I turn on the light and put his backpack on the ground, I let go of Oliver's hand and I take out his blanket and his paci. "Okay Oliver" I say as I lay his blanket down in the crib. I pick him up and set him in the crib. He sits down on the mattress, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Are you ready to go sleepy?" I ask him and he nods. I give him his paci and take it happily as he perks up a bit when he notices I was about to leave. "Music?" I look at him confused and he points to the ceiling. Music? Ceiling? Oh! Mobile is what he is referencing. I look around in the room for one and I finally found one that clips to the crib. He claps when he sees it and I smile at him. I clip it to the crib and I turn it on as music starts to play. He lays down again and closes his eyes. I exit the room and close the door quietly.

Oliver sleeps for a good hour and by then two more littles, Liam and Noah, had shown up who are older than Oliver so I am hoping that he feels comfortable around them. I decide to talk to the boys before Oliver wakes up so they understand some things. "Liam, Noah come here. I need to talk to you guys about something" They come running over and stand in front of me. "There is a little here today that has a younger headspace than you and I need to make sure that you don't play rough with him or make fun of him" Noah perks up, "How old is he?" Then Liam perks up, "Does he use baby things?" I nod at their questions, "He is two years old and yes he does use baby things" The boys nod at my words so I hope they understand. I hear Oliver start to stir on the baby monitor and I get up to tend to Oliver. I tell the boys to behave.

I open the door and he is standing up on the mattress making grabby hands towards me. I turn on the light and turn off the mobile as I pick him up, setting him on my hip. I check his diaper and I feel it sagging a bit so I take him to the changing table. I lay him down and unbutton his onesie and start to untape his diaper. He whines and puts his hands on his face out of embarrassment. I change his diaper quickly and button up his onesie again, he giggles and tries to pull at my hair I stop him before he can get to my hair. I pick him up and put his clothes back on before carrying him out to the living room. Liam and Noah perk up when they see Oliver and Oliver starts to get anxious. "Liam, Noah back up, please. Oliver isn't used to being around littles your age" They back up and looks at Oliver concerned. "Is there anything I can do?" Noah asks and I smile at him. "Can you go into the nursery for me and grab his paci from his crib" He runs off to go get it and he comes back handing it to me. I thank him and I offer it to Oliver. He shoves my hands away and he starts to tear up. I bounce him to try and calm him down, "Oh Oliver it's okay. They are not going to make fun of you. I promise." He looks at me with his fingers in his mouth and sniffles. I try to offer him his paci again and this time he takes his fingers out of his mouth and takes the paci instead. Noah and Liam go back to their trucks on the floor and I set Oliver on his feet so he can decide what he wants to do. He shifts on his feet as I head to the kitchen to meal prep, he follows after me and bumps into my legs when I stop. I look down at him, "Why don't you go and play with the other boys Oliver? You can show them your dino toys and they have trucks you can play with" I see him look at the living room where he can see Noah and Liam. He shakes his head and stays with me in the kitchen. I sigh. I need to find a way to encourage him to play with others. I grab a dino toy from his backpack to keep him occupied as I enter the living room, "Hey boys? Do either of you like dinosaurs?" They both perk up and nod their heads shouting Yes! Yes! I smile and I go to tell Oliver. "Hey Oliver" He looks up from his spot on the ground, "Liam and Noah really love dinosaur toys too! They really want to see your dinosaur toys, is that okay?" He looks hesitant but nods his head.

He slowly gets up from his spot on the ground and he takes my hand as I lead him to the living room where Noah and Liam are playing with cars. "Hey guys. I brought Oliver over so you can see his dinosaur toys" Oliver still seems a little bit weary and he lets go of my hand to go sit near the other boys "Hi Oliver!" Noah says a little bit too loud and Oliver backs up. Liam hits Noah's arm, "You can't be that loud. He is just a baby" Oliver whines when Liam says that and looks back at me with sad eyes "Liam. Don't say that. Oliver doesn't like being called that" Liam looks confused, "No no I didn't mean it in a bad way. He is a baby and he is fragile. I don't want anyone to hurt him" I smile at him, "See Oliver? They're not making fun of you" Oliver looks at me shocked and I see him relax a bit with a small smile on his face. Oliver giggles and goes to sit next to Liam, showing him his dinosaur toys. I smile at them and see Oliver be able to be himself without worry.