Chapter 62

Oli hasn't been feeling well recently and I was getting worried. His nose is runny, he's sneezing all the time, his throat hurts, and he's constantly cold. "Daddy!" I heard a whine/yell come from Oli's room as I was making lunch. Gabe was out running an errand and I promised him that I could take care of Oli by myself. I set him down for a nap about an hour ago and I was hoping he would sleep longer considering how tired he was. I head toward the nursery door and open it to see Oli standing up in his crib and sniffling. I walk over to him and pick him up out of his crib, "Oh Oli" I feel his forehead and he's burning up, "Daddy thwoat huwt" He says and I nod my head. "Let's get you some medicine" I whisper under my breath so he won't hear me.

I set him on the ground once we reach the kitchen and he makes grabby hands up at me, "Up! Up!" He says whining, "I'm getting you some juice first and then I can hold you" Oli whines loudly and plops on the ground frustrated. "Up!" He says tugging on my sweatpants and I look down at him. He's looking up at me with puppy dog eyes and I rub his head. I pour some milk into a sippy cup, making sure it's the one with the handles, and I pour the medicine into the milk. I screw on the lid as Oli was getting fussier. "Daddyyyy" He drags out and I lean down to pick him up. He stops whining as soon as I pick him up and I notice that his onesie was damp. I feel under his butt to check if he leaked but nothing so my conclusion was that he was hot. I take him back to his nursery and get him one of my shirts and some shorts. I unbutton his onesie and slip it over his head into the laundry basket. "Daddy hot" He says looking over at me, "I know Oli" I say sympathetically as I put my shirt over his head and slip some basketball shorts up his legs. We don't have any lounge shorts for Oli since we keep the house cold, he always wears his pj pants.

I pick him back up and head back to the kitchen hanging him the sippy cup. He takes it gently and starts sipping on the milk. I take a deep breath and bounce him while we walk around the room. It was comfortably quiet in the house and the only noise was coming from Oli. I rub his head and I look at how adorable he looks in my clothes. The t shirt goes just above his knees which make him look so tiny and adorable. Oli has been sick before but this time is much worse with how long he has been sick. The medicine should help his throat and his stuffy nose so I won't have to remember to carry around tissues all the time. I hear the door open and I turn around to see Gabe. "Hey. How's he been? Feeling any better?" I shake my head, "He's been whining a lot this morning and his fever isn't going down" Gabe looks at Oli sympathetically and runs his hands through his hair.

Gabe gives me that look and I sigh, I think it's time to see a doctor. Gabe grabs my phone and he takes Oli from me, "Daddy!" He says making grabby hands toward me from Gabe's grip. "I'm right here Oli. Dada is going to hold you while I make a phone call, okay?" He hesitantly nods his head and Gabe guides Oli's sippy back into his mouth. The line rings a couple of times before someone picks up, "I need to make an appointment for Oliver" I say into the phone and I look over to see Gabe tickling Oli's tummy to try and get him to giggle. "Well his fever hasn't been going down, he's got a runny nose and a sore throat" I respond and hear the clicking of the keyboard from the other end of the line. "That would be perfect. Thank you, you too" I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket. "We have an appointment for 3 o'clock today" I say looking at the clock and realizing we need to get ready if we are going to make it on time. "Perfect. Let's try to get going as soon as we can" Gabe says and I nod my head.

Oli was not having it when we tried to put him in his seat in the back, "Oli I need you to calm down" Gabe says while Oli was pushing his hands away from the seat belt. "Seb! Can you come here?" I hear Gabe say and I walk over from the front door after locking it. "I think he wants you instead" Gabe steps to the side and Oli makes grabby hands when he sees me so I pick him up and brush the hair out of his face. "What's wrong Oli?" I ask him gently and he rubs his eyes. "Nu go. Nu feel good" Oli says quietly and I coo at him. "I know baby boy but we're going to get you some help. Can you sit in your seat so Daddy can drive?" Oli lets out a little sob before nodding his head. My heart broke when I set him in his seat and buckled him in trying not to clip my shirt which he was still wearing. I get in the driver's seat and Gabe gets in the passenger seat.