77. It's Our Pack

Chapter 78: It's our Pack

"Bold little puppy yapping at me when your mommy is here. You've sniffed around me since we've met, but you only come and growl when a bigger bitch comes to back you."

"Actually, I was sniffing out your treats you thought you hid so well. Care to know what I dug up? I thought a monster like you would bury your prizes deeper. A puppy sniffed them out with little effort. I even pissed on your property while I was there." Kiala held out her hand, glowing sparks of power settling to take the form of her favorite weapon. She brandished her bow, an arrow of Source appearing in her hand. "Also quit bullying my brother. He's sensitive."

"You little Moon droppings always are," Leiodus pointed down with his clawed finger before twirling it upwards, several of his beast rising into the air. "My little ones are ground bound unfortunately, but I can make them into any shape I desire. These are some turned against their will. A little nomad collection that roamed the unclaimed lands. You were hoping to save them all and turn them back? A pity. I am very petty in battle."

Void lifted his hands, and the wolf shaped beast went up, curling unnaturally into balls of dense energy. At least fifty rose, fifty lives destroyed, turned into Void's instruments of destruction. With a mere twirl of his hand, the balls disrupted in a violent star like patterns, shooting apart to quadruple in numbers.

"Did you know that I can change the weather? For instance, I feel like making it rain."

"Uh Kiala..."

Kiala peered down at Naki from the wall he'd made, glaring at him. "What do you mean 'uh Kiala'. Didn't you send your dramatic SOS? This is new Naki, unusual, unsettling. What have you gotten into?"

"Focus child," Kialis held her hand up in the air, her frame centered in the radiant Moon turned purple. "This is not a foe you should divide your attention on. Be lucky he does not mean to end you, and instead wishes to breed you."

A beam of light bolted to her palm, a mighty polearm manifesting in her gloved hand. She twirled the amethyst and teal weapon, its beautiful blade curved like a crescent and a lotus-like pattern splayed across the center. A wicked storm began above her head, like raging clouds swirling together with a power force.

Kiala returned her attention to Void, and the swirling spiral his orbs turned into. "He'll be disappointed with that. Naki, prepare your artwork. It can be used to our advantage. We'll have to burst it, unfortunately."

Naki's brows knit, "prepare it how, and what about this crazy attack this man, monster, whatever, is about to do?!"

"Shield yourself!" Kiala knelt on the wall, a shield of Source circling her as she braced for the powerful clash.

"Shield my-does she think I freaking know how to do half of this-I don't freaking know how to make a damn shield?"

"Can do," Rogue answered proudly. "Sega cannot."

Naki paused for a moment. He was unsure if Rogue boosted that he could do something better than Sega or if his new attachment meant that Sega couldn't shield himself right now.

"Dislike! Dislike!"

Naki eyed Esga doing its version of pacing, turning into a puddle, rising, and dropping down again.

"Cannot detach, the host needs me. Bad injury."

"Esga shut up with your stupid panicking. We're fine, it's just a hole, honestly I don't know how I've made it this far without more than one. Remember the car bomb? Where were you with that hole in me?" Sega coughed and spots of blood splattered the not so white snow. "Don't mind that."