65. Biting

Chapter 65: Biting

The room buzzed with a wave of chatter in the packed drawing rooms, the air rather stuffy with all the bodies inside. Each pack collected amongst themselves, the divide in the room evident by the array of colors that represented each pack.

Naki, Sega, and Aiden stood together, each decked in extravagant royal garb. Naki wore his crown from Aiden but cape, pants, and accessories were the Field's colors of blue, gold, and medium greens, making up the majority of his outfit.

Naki glanced at Sega, he'd forgotten the man even had a crown. Despite how lavish he was, he rarely sported his crown anymore. Sega had done some miracle work with his hair. It was in a loose side braid, the white twisted over to conceal the large patch of black.

Sega glanced at Naki with an amused smirk and gave him a slow wink. Naki's lips tugged at the corners as his eyes swept over the shapely figure clad in a beautiful shade of deep blue that was made for Sega's pearly skin.

Sega was lavishly dripped with golden jewelry encrusted with sparkling precious stones and jewels. His cloak was also extravagant, the gold tan fur lining the neck emphasized Sega's broad shoulders. Naki returned the smirk, giving Sega his look of approval.

Naki jumped at a pinch to his plush thigh, his eyes moving to Aiden with discontent. "What," he mouthed quietly, dual toned eyes hiding amusement as he took at the Kingly sight that was Aiden.

Brown usually made people look dull but the right shades, melding with bronze gold and deep greens, really set off Aiden's golden bear look. Aiden's crown was a simple thing. It was a dark gold that bordered on being copper and its design looked like mountain peaks.

"Are you flirting right now?" Aiden leaned down and whispered, warm breath tickling the shell of Naki's ear, "after our amazing night together?"

"Who is flirting?" Naki scrunched his round nose as if the sound of it was displeasing. "I was admiring his outfit."

"You were admiring him," Aiden drawled, but his voice was laced with mirth. "He does look great when he's in his most natural state." Warn eyes touched on the visual feast next to them and Aiden vowed to host Royal events just so Sega could dress pretty then he could ruin it all.

Naki's mouth tugged into another smile. "What state is that," he quietly whispered. "Holier than thou, look at me, shine ye peasants?" The comment made the two splutter with laughter, earning them a curious look from Sega.

The room rushed with more murmurs as the two, now oldest Alphas entered the room. Valas, Vyronas, Vahala, Queen Corana, and their much younger sibling, Cylana behind them. The youngest looked bored as always, but she had a sneaky gleam to her eyes that said she paid more attention than people thought.

The entire Royal family was a decked out mix of jewels and high fashion and standing there, they probably wore enough to build a town. They lined up as Leiodus and Vyjas walked by like messiahs. Tahalla stood behind Naki, her muscular frame clad in the amethyst and silver of the Cloud colors.

Leiodus made eye contact with the statuesque woman, a smirk on his lips. Soon those colors would be nothing but tattered rags and buried under the ashes of the Cloud city.

He made his way to the center of the room with Vyjas, the two of them standing amongst the lambs who knew nothing of their futures. It felt pleasing, knowing he'd soon sit on the only throne in the land and anyone he desired could be turned on or off by his whim. He'd truly ascend to Godhood.

"If I would have everyone's attention. We all know that a tragedy like no other has swept through these halls. The renowned and respected elder voices of our ranks have been suspiciously silenced." Blue eyes swept over the crowd, noting some missing faces. Good, his current staff was proving themselves to be competent. "As we know, King Aiden found the precious remains of the Meadow Alpha and Beta, after he himself was nearly pulled to his death. My son, my heir, was also attacked and by his recounts, his own mother, my unfortunate mate, tried to take her own son's life... Regretfully and with a heavy heart, after days of investigation, we fear that the Meadow Alpha and Beta's demise also played a part in her horrific plan."