76. No longer a puppy

Chapter 76: No longer a Puppy

"Aiden, thanks for joining us, but why are you here? Sega sent you. What happened over there?"

Tahalla hacked off the head of another creature. She could tell by the sheer size, power, and animosity which ones had chosen this path and which were unfortunate souls. "Remember, head kills only. Go for the larger ones. If the small ones seem weary to engage, leave them. The sluggish ones are just innocent bystanders. Try all means to knock those out. They are under the direction of the bigger ones."

She turned her attention back to Aiden, his hulking form tense. "I'm assuming this was not your decision. You look pissed."

"I'm going to kill him. Void won't have to bother anymore. He's such an irrational ass, always trying to do things alone when he knows we are in this together." Aiden's muzzle wrinkled with his rage, "he's fucking selfish!"

"Oh Gods, how do I always have to work and be a counselor at the same time?" Tahalla willed her light to bypass two small fries and split to take out two more changed ones approaching them. "Look kid, no offense. You are a heavy hitter, but it's always the Golden rule. Physical strength doesn't win against magic. You can't hit magic."

"I can fucking rip off the heads of anything physical," Aiden growled, his eyes and body glowing gold, "and those look real fucking physical to me."

"Oh, so you're big mad. What's this glowing? Bloodline trait?"

"Yes to both," Aiden huffed, looking left then right, a brown and black wolf appearing on either side. "War's sword and shield, so goes the legend. Amused that the gentle giant fights with a War God's power?"

"Nah, it fits you. You fight fiercely when you want to protect something. I apologize for assuming you were dead weight."

"Apology accepted. Now let's clean house. I have a bone to pick with my future second mate." Aiden and Tahalla bowled forward, both rippling with muscles. Before either of them could attack, Aiden's blood trait lunged forward, each a blur as they crashed ahead of them, stopping both in their path.

Tahalla had to come to a pretty hard halt, eyeing Aiden with great confusion. "Aiden what-"

Aiden shook his head. He didn't command them to move this way. "I don't know what the hell-"

Nothing Aiden had to say held any relevance for much longer because what they witnessed held far greater importance. Aiden vaguely remembered a movie. The human side inventions truly helped their own world to start to evolve. Humans loved the unknown and the possibility of the unbelievable. Before them, happening in front of their eyes, it was the things of disbelief and imagination.

Tahalla's head turned so far up she thought her neck might lock back into place like an attached pen cap. Her dual toned eyes reflected the jaw dropping sight, something that could even shock a person who a goddess blessed.

The wolves merged, their glowing forms becoming so bright that it looked like nothing more than a building beam of intense brightness. When the light faded, however, an odd creature stood. It became massive, as big as a mountain, with a gleaming short sword and a shield on its arm. If this was not something from the Gods, then there could be no other explanation. Gleaming black fur and a golden armor which seemed made from the sun's golden rays themselves, had to prove their existence.

Beneath a gilded open faced helmet shaped like a Shashiva, it seemed to have no face. A booming growl escaped, before in a single unearthly swipe, the sword turned the wave of the beast into nothing but ash.

No one said anything. Alfonz and Emery could only stare at the remains around them as they stood guard over Marielle and Celise in case anything broke past the Cloud fighters. Mari took it all in stride. She'd only known something like this existed two days ago and each shock took long enough to process that it dulled the reaction at the moment. Celise blinked slowly, trying to grasp if she'd seen what she'd just seen.