Chapter 47: Work Studies

An odd and annoying reporter came during the next week of school. His whole focus was on class 1-A, which I can understand because everything keeps happening to us, but his questions were a little strange. Plus he got very much in our faces with his camera and probing questions. Eijiro and I had to hold Bakugo back from exploding him, and then they had to hold me back from yelling at him. I'm still not a fan of reporters, especially since stories about me have been roaming around ever since Kamino.

At the very least, the reporter printed off and gave me an adorable picture of Eijiro and I walking hand in hand back from school. He managed to capture the look of love and adoration in our eyes as we were looking at one another, I was mid laugh at something Eijiro had said and he was grinning. The picture was redemption for his otherwise annoying presence in our lives that day, and it's now framed and sits on my bedside in my room.

Eijiro and I have been doing much better since our incident. He encouraged me to continue to talk to Bakugo during the night if either of us couldn't sleep, understanding that the blonde and I have a similar experience and can help each other the best, though he still offered his unlimited support to me as well. It's also been nice because Eijiro's been sitting with Mashirao and I at lunches every few days, getting to know my other group of friends better. Apparently, Eijiro had even sought out Tokoyami for help with the poem he wrote for me. It was a smart move, my bird headed friend is very poetic.

"The hero work studies were discussed at the recent faculty staff meeting, and we all agree, it's too soon for you to do them. They should really be canceled." Aizawa tells us a few days after the reporter guy was here.

"Ahh, but we already met about them." Eijiro pouts with a groan.

"I guess when you think about why we had to move into the dorms, it does make sense." Kaminari says unhappily, though he is strangely calm. He gets like this whenever he's petting Mashirao's tail, like he is right now. It makes me jealous every time I see it, but I'm still perpetually banned from touching my best friend's tail.

"Aha!!" Bakugo stands up with a victorious yell filled with pride.

"You're only happy because you wouldn't have been able to do a work study anyway, Kats." I tilt my head back and pout at him, unhappy about the news.

"But..." Aizawa continues, and all our attention turns back to him. "Some people think we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook. And with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about the participating agencies. So choose one with a proven track record, otherwise you won't be taking part."

Bakugo freezes at the news, realizing his victory was short lived. I turn my head back to look at him with a giant smug grin on my face, and he sends a small blast at my head while screaming 'Damnit' as he sits back down. It wasn't enough to hurt, but it was hilarious to watch him go from gloating to pouting in under 10 seconds like that.

I wonder if Hawks would want to take me for the work study, and hopefully Tokoyami as well. He's the only one I've interned with, and I'm sure the soon-to-be-official number two hero should have good enough qualifications for the program requirement. Then again, maybe Endeavor will reach out if he has an opening, which he might since Todoroki didn't get his provisional license.

Dad and I might be on better terms right now, but I'm not going to hope for the impossible of him actually wanting to work side by side with me.

Eijiro and I decided to have a little movie date in my room that Saturday, enjoying some time with just the two of us. It's kind of a rare thing, especially being in the dorms and constantly surrounded by our friends. Bakugo and Todoroki are both at the provisional training classes for the day, and most of our class are having a study session with Momo this afternoon, so that left Eijiro and I blissfully uninterrupted for a few hours.