Chapter Thirty Five

I drove off to his apartment , hoping that he would just hear me out. I approach he door , my heart racing a million miles per hour. I slowly raised my hand about to knock on the door before it open & out appeared a beautiful brunette with her eyes sparkling from the sunlight. "Can I help you?" She ask. "Umm...I...is..." I stuttered. "Listen , barbie I don't have all day. Is there someone your looking for." She responded. "Is...ummm..Lexington here?" The words finally managed to slip out of my mouth. A smirk came across her glowing face. "Lexington!!!" She shouted. Lexington appeared wearing nothing more than a pair of sweat pants , showing his bear chest. His smiled on his face disappeared when he saw me. I on the other hand , had a smile plastered on my face trying to hold back my tears. "I have to go babe but I will be back tonight." The brunette smiled kissing him on the cheek & leaving. "Madison , what are you doing here." He ask. "I wanted to talk to you & explain everything that happen in Hawaii but I see it was a mistake to come here." I answered about to leave. "Wait , Madison..." He said grabbing my arm. I wipe away the tears from my eyes as I look at him. "What is there to explain? Things are what they are! So why come here & try to say different." Lexington uttered. "Megan , set it all up. She knew for a long time that we weren't really engaged. She just wanted to get back at me because she was jealous. Megan admit to me that she called Alec , just to separate us. I never had the attention to hurt you. You jackass." I shouted as the tears slip down my face. Lexington look stunned and had nothing else to stay. And even though I may not have the right to be angry with him for sleeping with that brunette , I am. I hate that he could jump into bed with that skank not even a week after everything happen. I once again wipe the tears from my face. "But your right , Lexington , things are what they are." I said & walk away from him. I got in my car banging my hands against the steering wheel. I hated feeling hurt. This was a reason that I was so obsessed with working. So that I wouldn't feel like this. Feeling heartbroken was the worst feeling in the world.