Chapter Nineteen

[Lexington's P.O.V]

I took a walk along the pool side , just to clear my mind. She doesn't feel the same why I do about her. A part of me wanted to vacation to make her see more than a coworker but I was just kidding myself. The funny thing is , I actually thought she was falling for more but again I was just fooling myself. A part of me wants just to pack my things & go back home but another feels bad because Madison already paid me. And to bail on her when she already paid , is just flat out wrong. "Hey Lexington." I heard a voice say behind me. I turn around & there stood Melanie. "Hi!" I answered as I continued to walk. "What are you doing out here, its late?" She ask. I sat down pool side dipping my toes in the water & she did the same. "Me & your sister kind of had a fight." I responded. Melanie place her hand on my shoulder & smiled. "Look , you know Madison sometimes she can be a little...a little...she doesn't know how to express her feelings. She is a great girl but she doesn't know how to appreciate her relationships she is in. But I can tell , she is happy when she is with you. She loves you." She replied. Only if that was true. Madison only sees me as a co worker & nothing more. "How do you know?" I questioned. "I haven't seen Maddie with that twinkle she has in her eyes since her high school boyfriend , who she was so in love with but he broke her heart. She hasn't been this happy in years. She loves you , Lexington." Melanie uttered. I look down as I kick my feet in the water. "Your right." I mumbled. "And plus she said yes , when you ask her to marry you. That's proof enough." She whispered. "Yeah." I smiled. "So go up to yall's room & make up with her." She said standing up. "Okay." I I answered getting up and I was going to head up back to my room. "Hey Lexington." Melanie muttered. "Yes?" I replied. "I'm glad that your going to join the family. We are lucky that you are going to be our brother in law." She smiled. I smiled back and went upstairs. Even though all of what Melanie said wasn't true , maybe a part of it was. I'm staying. I'm going to fight for Madison.