Chapter Two

I couldn't get my mind focus on work. The lies that I had just told my mother kept spinning in my head. I was single as one can be. I hadn't even had a date in months and now all of a sudden I am suppose to take a "fiancé" to my family vacation. What was I even thinking when I told my mother that? Yeah I know what I was thinking. I was wanting her to shut up and I didn't want her to invite Jason on the vacation. He wasn't my type.

But now I'm screwed. I had no idea who to ask. And much less if I did no someone they would probably look at me like I'm crazy. If they did accept they probably were going to want something in return. The situation suck no matter what way I look at it.

"I brought you something to eat!" Lexington's voice snap me back to reality.

"You didn't have to do that?" I responded.

"I know but I thought to myself that everyone deserves a good lunch. So I brought you some amazing lunch." He smiled walking to the desk and having a seat. He place my food on the desk and just stared at me.

"Look Lexington, I appreciate you bringing me lunch but I need to get back to work. I have a lot on my plate and not enough time to chat." I explained.

"Why are you so obsessed with work? It's okay to take some time off." He replied.

"I will take time off when I go on vacation for now I must complete my work." I sternly answered.

Speaking of vacation, it might have been a long shot but it wouldn't hurt to ask him. He might think I completely nuts and not ever talk to me in the office again. But he was the only guy I really even gave the time or day. So yeah what did it hurt to ask him.

"Okay, whatever you say." Lexington got up shaking his head a little annoyed.

"Wait!" I stop him in his tracks.

"Yes?" He said as he turn to look at me.

"Can you have a seat? I have something to ask you." I questioned.

"I don't know Madison. I have work to attend too." He smirk.

"Please! " I begged.

"Okay." Lexington laugh as he sat back down.

Lexington Cooper was annoying, arrogant, and free willed, the last thing I would want in a man but he was my only option as of right now. So I had no other choice.

"This might sound crazy but I have a favor to ask you." I shyly said.

"What kind of favor?" Lexington raised his eyebrow.

"Gosh I don't know how to ask you. I'm going to look so insane." I replied.

"Look Madison, if you want me to kill someone than I'm going to have to pass. And yeah you are insane." He joked.

"Oh you are so funny." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So on a serious note, what is it? Don't be afraid to ask me. I'm game to whatever you need help with." He said.

"I'm going to just come out and say it. I need you to pretend to be my fiancé at my family's yearly vacation." I blurted out.

Lexington let out a loud obnoxious laugh. Loud enough for other coworkers to peek into my office.

"I'm serious." I added fiddling with my fingers.

"Why?" He ask.

"I sort of lied to my mom about being engaged. And that I was going to take him with us on vacation but I don't have no one. I'm not in a relationship and I haven't been in one in years." I explained.

"Why would you lie to your mom? This doesn't make sense." He responded leaning back in his chair.

"Because she has always pressured me to find Mr. Right. She has never been appreciate me focusing on my career rather than love. And she wanted to invite some loser from high school to accompany me on vacation." I look down a little embarrassed.

"Wow!" Is the only words that escape his mouth.

"I mean I can pay you." I stated.

"15000 sound okay." I added.

"Look Maddie, I need a couple of days to think about it. Okay?" He look at me in the eyes.

"That's fine." I had a little hope in me that he would accept.

Lexington walk out flashing me a smile before he left. I smiled back. I only could hope that he accepted. I had no one else.