Chapter Thirty Four

[Three Days Later]

I finally arrive in New York , set to win Lexington back. I had fallen in love with him in the matter of weeks & I didn't want to lose him. I went work set on explaining everything to him. To let him know that he has my heart. I walk in to the office with what seem like the whole office staring at me. "Kayla in my office." I said making hand gestusres. She followed me in my office & sat down. "Why is everyone looking at me? What's going on?" I ask. "You didn't hear?" She responded. "Hear what?" I uttered. "Lexington quit & everyone blames you." She answered placing her head down. "Me?" I question. "The whole office knows about the everything. They know about the fake fiance skit." She replied. I immediately run to Lexington's cubicle , to see all his things gone. I brush my hands through my hair before grabbing the only thing left & throwing it against the wall. The other co workers stood up and look at me. "What are you all looking at?" I shouted before heading back to my office slamming the door. He was gone. "Are you okay , Madison?" Kayla ask as she peak her head through the door. "Do you know where he lives?" I muttered. I knew her & Lexington were very good friends , so she has to know where he lives. "Maddie , I think you should just leave him alone. He is hurt &..." She said but I immediately cut her off. "Kayla , I can't. I'm in love with him. Things aren't what he thinks. I just want to explain to him & if he still wants to go then I will let him go." I answered. She sighs as she grabs a sticky note & pen and writes down his address. "Thank you." I whispered. "Just don't tell him who gave you it." She smiles. "I wont." I reply. "Now go get your man." She laughs. I get up and head to his apartment.