Chapter Thirteen

We waited for the elevator doors to open up, the sexual tenison was intense. Well at least on my part it is. Lexington and I had this undeniable connection but who knows if it would ever be explored. The doors finally opened up and there was Megan and her husband. Upon seeing me she rolled her eyes.

"Hey." Lexington said as he entered the elevator pulling me in with him.

Megan just stayed silent but her husband was more friendlier. "Hey Lexington and Maddison. You both look nice." He smiled.

"Thank you, Tyler." I responded.

"Omg, can this elevator be any slower?" Megan grunted.

I sighed at her remark. I know she is probably upset with me and the fact that she thinks that I kept Lexington as a secret from her but she was  becoming unbearable. I couldn't take her shady remarks anymore. Or her negative attitude. And I want nothing more to tell her the truth about what Lexington and I have. But I can't. I mean imagine how she would act if she found out I was lying to her. Look at the way she is acting right now.

Lexington pulled me closer to her and kiss the top of my head. With him everything felt like it was going to be okay. He made me feel safe.

The doors to the elevator finally opened up and there stood the rest of my family. My mother had the hugest grin on her face. I hadn't seen her this in years. She was finally getting what she always. All her girls with great men.

We made our way to the hotels resturaunt and to our reserved table. With my luck, Megan was sitting right next to Lexington. I just wanted a few moments without her sassy remarks.
And before Lexington could even take a sip of his drink, Megan began to ask him million of questions.

"So, Lexington how did you meet the precious Maddison? I mean when did she have time to even go out. She is always busy working. Or so I thought." She questioned.

"Well, actually it was completely by accident that we met. I have a friend that lives in the same building that Maddie does. So my first time there, I actually got the apartment number mix up and winded up knocking on her door. She answered and I thought she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I couldn't get her out of my head. So the next time I saw her, I ask her out but of course here being her, she said no. I didn't give up and she finally gave in. And the rest is history. It was faith that brought us together." He explained kissing my hand.

"That is so adorable." Melody said smiling.

"Oh lord, so please tell me that your proposal wasnt a snooze fest as the way yall met!" Megan took a sip of her champange.

"The way he proposed was amazing, Megan but I am not going to tell how he did because you are just gonna find something to pick at it." I storm off.

I went to the restroom splashing a small amount of water over my face. Megan was making sure to ruin every moment of this trip for me. She just couldn't be happy for me.

Just then Melody & Melanie walk into the restroom.

"You okay, Maddie?" They both ask.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"Don't let Megan get to you. She has always been that way , when the attention isn't on her. Enjoy your trip with Lexington. That boy loves you so much. So just ignore her." Melanie stated.

"How do you know he loves me?" I questioned.

"Oh come on, is written all over his face, the way he talks about you, and proposed to you, right."  Melody said.

"Right!" I smiled.

"Sister hug." Melanie shouted as she pulled me and Melody in for a hug.

Just then Megan walk into the room.

"Can I talk to Maddison alone?" She ask.

The girls look at me and I nodded at them letting them know it was fine.

What did she want? I had no more engery for her attitude.