Chapter Eighteen

I unlock the bedroom door & we walk in. Lexington jump onto the bed & took his shoes off as he stared at me. "Maddie , can I be honest with you?" He ask. "Of course." I answered as I removed my earrings. He stood up and walk over to me placing both of his hand on the dresser , so that I was lock between him & the dresser. "I've been wanting to tell you this for the longest , ever since I saw you Madison , I fell in love with you." He said. My heart race , did he really just say he has fallen in love with me. No , he couldn't have! "Your joking right?" I fake laugh as nerves started to take over my body. "I being honest. I love you , Madison." He answered. "Don't say that. Lexington , don't say that." I pleaded. "Why not? Its the truth. And I'm going to keep telling you because I can't hide it anymore." He replied. He leaned into kiss but I push him away and walk over to the bed. "I...why...is that why you agree to this because you wanted me to fall for you." I said as tears ran down my face. "No! I wanted to help you." He responded. I felt guilty. I felt horrible because he is in love with me & I'm just pretending. I mean I like him but I don't love him. I'm not in love with him. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry but I don't love you. Your just a friend." I added. His eyes welled up with tears as he leaned against the wall. I knew he was broken because I couldn't love him , like he loves me. "Madison , I can't pretend anymore. I can't be here & feel one way about you but can't do nothing about it. I can't be around you feeling the way I feel & not be able to express it to you." He utter. Lexington played with his fingers as he open the door. "I'm going home." He added and walk out. I broke down as I sat down. I don't know what I feel for him, Im not understanding my feelings. I don't know if I'm in love with him. He has every reason to leave , I'm in no position to ask him to stay. Even though, I want him to stay. He has a right to walk away from me.