Chapter Twenty

[Madison's P.O.V]

I laid on my bed wondering if Lexington left. I mean I would if I was in his position. All of a sudden he came walking and headed straight to the restroom without speaking a single word. I peak in through the door & fiddle with myself as he brush his teeth. He spotted me staring at him & when he look at me it was a different look in his eyes. "What?" He ask. "Are...you...leav...leaving?" I ask. Lexington walk closer to me & stood directly in my face. "No because you paid me. I'm not going back on my business deal." He mumbled. I look down walking into the restroom & sliding against the door. He hates me , I just know it. I screwed up by telling him I wasn't in love with him. I couldn't lie to him though. I wipe away my tears as got up and walk back to the bedroom area. Lexington had made himself a little area to sleep on the couch. I climb into my bed & pull the covers over my head to ashamed to even look at him. *** I woke up the next morning and Lexington was no where to be found in the room. A fear crept into me maybe he changed his mind & left last night. I changed into a pair of white capris & pink tank top with white tennis shoes. I threw my hair up in a bun & went to meet my family for brunch. I left a sigh of relief when I seen Lexington sitting & laughing with them. "Well good morning , sleepy head." My mom smiled. "Good morning." I answered sitting next to Lexington , who gave me a kiss on the cheek & continued to talk with Jake , Sam , & Tommy. I place a fake smile as we all ate & talk. "Hey Maddie!" Megan began smiled. "You & Lexington never told us about how he proposed to you. I think its a good brunch story. Don't you think." She smirked. "I...I..." I stuttered as I look over at him. How is it possible that I thought of everything but the way he ask me to marry him.