Chapter Nine

I cuddle up next to Lexington on the plane, my head resting on his shoulder. I don't know what it was about him that made me feel so safe and happy. I couldn't quite figure out , so I was determine to figure it out on this trip.

"Have you ever been to Hawaii?" I ask him.

"Believe it or not, Maddi I have never been out of the country." He answered.

"Omg! Why not!" I said.

"Because not all of us come from a wealthy family." He responded.

"Right." I whispered.

Its no secret that my family has money. And it's easy to forget that no everyone comes from money like you do. I didn't really mean anything by asking him that and I don't know if my questions offended him.

"So what did you think about my family?" I changed the subject.

"You want my honest opinion or?" He smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him and bit my lip. Lexington had a very sexy smirk that made me want to jump on him and just make him mind. But I had to remember that this was all for show and what we had would never cross that line.

"Well?" His voice shook me from my thoughts.

"Of course I want your honest opinion." I replied.

"Well, your dad didn't really scare me like I let him think. I could tell he really isn't that type of father but if one of his daughters gets really hurt then yeah. Your mom is so sweet. She loves you girls very much. Melody and Melanie seem sweet but they wouldn't stop asking me questions. Martha didn't even talk to me, so I don't know about her." He stated.

"Well your opinion is as brutal as I thought it was going to be." I joked.

"I actually like your family. Even if Megan doesn't speak to me. I like her too." He laugh.

Just then Melody, Melanie, and Megan walk over to us. There was plenty of space for them to sit in front of us since we were in first class.

"Can I help you all?" I ask.

"Well, duh Maddison we want to see your ring! You forgot to show us earlier." Melody smiled.

I held out my hand for my sisters to see the ring. Melody and Melanie all smiled admiring the ring. While, Megan as of lately had a slick comment to say. Let me tell her attitude was rubbing me the wrong way, I wasn't going to cause a scene here on the plane but once we land in Hawaii and if something smart comes out of her mouth, I might just go off.

"Ehh, its nothing special." Megan chuckled.

"To you it might not be special but too me this ring is everything. It's perfect." I gave Lexington a kiss.

"Stop being rude, Meg. The ring is perfect." Melanie smiled.

"Whatever." Megan walk back to her husband.

I had to remember what my mom said. She was hurt and lashing out was the only way she knew how to act. But I wasn't going to let her get away with it next time. But for now I was going to enjoy this vacation.