Chapter Seven

I grab my bags and headed off to the airport, today was the day we took off for Hawaii. And honestly I was excited. I was able to spend more time with Lexington, someone I never would imagine having the chemistry we have together. I got into my black suv and texted Lexington.

"On my way to the airport. See you there." It read.

The message was just a reminder. I mean I know he was going to show up but there was no harm in sending a quick reminder. Especially because I haven't spoken to him since we kiss. I just felt a little awkward after it happened. I wasn't trying to catch feelings cause nothing was real our relationship was based on a lie. And I don't want to get hurt after every thing is said and done.

I admire the ring that Lexington had bought, this plan had to work. I was tired of the 50 questions that my mom was going to bombard me with about why I'm still single. And even though she is going to ask 50 other questions, I rather it be that then hearing the same old story about my lame old love life.

I got a text from Lexington reading that he was also on his way to the airport. And a sense of relief crept into my body. He was running away, he was still coming.

I arrived at the airport and waited outside to see if he was arriving soon but he didn't show up. So I went inside to meet with my family.

"Hey guys." I smiled at my family.

"Hey sweetheart." My dad said as he gave me a hug. Followed by the rest of my family.

I could already tell that they were searching for my fiancé. They kept looking behind to see if he would appear.

"So where is this suppose fiancé of yours?" Megan ask as she held onto her husband Tyler.

"He is ummm...in the men's restroom." I force a smile on my face.

I'm not going to lie to you I was getting a little nervous. I mean Lexington did tell me he was on his way but that was about 30 minutes ago. And he still isn't here.

"You know, sweetie I'm happy for you but why didn't he ask me for your hand in marriage before he proposed." My dad questioned.

"Yeah and why didn't you tell us? We are your sisters. We tell each other everything." Melanie pouted.

"Lexington had just gotten out of a rough relationship and he didn't want anyone to know about our relationship. He didn't want to jinx what we could have had, by telling everyone too soon." I explained.

"Oh so you were the rebound?" Megan laugh.

"Shut up, Megan." Melody shot Megan a look.

"No!" I felt someone wrap their arm around me. I look up and saw Lexington and my heart filled with relief. "Madison could never be a rebound. She is the one that taught me that to love again. After my ex and I split up I never thought I could love someone the way I loved her. But then Maddie came along with her beautiful blonde hair and made me feel love stronger than I ever did before." He said giving me a kiss.

I wrap my arms around him. "Family this is Lexington Cooper, my amazingly handsome fiance." I smiled endlessly.

Let me tell Lexington was a hell of actor cause he had me believing every word that came out of his mouth.