Chapter Four

We arrived at Jared’s Jewelry and started looking at the beautiful, shiny rings. I admire a couple of ones that stood out to me the most. I was very particular at the price range, I didn’t want Lexington to spend more than he had too. I mean it was a fake engagement after all.

Lexington came up behind me and also study the rings. “Find any thing you like?” He ask.

Of course the one that caught my eye was a beautiful rose girl ring with diamonds on the frame and a beautiful diamond in the middle. But there was no way I was going to let him buy an expensive ring. So I went with the simple white gold ring with diamonds around the band and a bigger diamond in the center.

“That one.” I said as I point to the simpler ring.

“Are you sure?” He questioned.

“Couldn’t be more sure of something.” I smiled.

After Lexington bought the ring, we went to a small café and got to know each other a little better.  There were things that I never knew about Lexington. And things about me he didn’t know. Well, it’s not really surprising cause this was the first time we hung out with each other outside of work.

“So have you been married before?” I questioned taking a sip of my Pineapple Black Tea.

“This might be surprising you but yes I have been married before.” He bit his blueberry muffin.

“Really? If you don’t mind me asking what happen? Are y'all not together anymore.” I said curiously.

“Obviously, we aren’t together anymore Maddie, otherwise I would have never agreed to be your fake fiancé. We got a divorced about 2 years ago. We got married young and didn’t really know each other. It wasn’t meant to be.” Lexington shrugged as he stared off.

“Sorry for asking.” I mumbled.

“It’s fine. How about you?” He said smiling.

“Me? I haven’t had a serious relationship since high school. I mean I dated but nothing over two months. They all said I work too much.” I rolled my eyes.

“You? Work too much? No! I can’t believe they would say that about you.” He laugh.

“Shut up.” I playfully threw a piece of paper at him.

Lexington laugh as he sip his drink. The way the sunlight hit his face brought out all his beautiful features. He was very good looking and I have miss on for so many years on having a conversation with him because I been too focus on work. Who would of thought that Lexington and I would have such amazing chemistry.

“No but really Maddie, there is nothing wrong with having fun. It’s good to be successful but you don’t want to miss out on the beautiful things in life cause you are too much into work.” Lexington smiled.

“I know. I just never wanted to be like my mom. I didn’t want always be depending on a man. I guess I got too caught up in work huh.” I responded.

“Just a little.” He wink. “But don’t worry Maddie, I’m going to show you the time of you life this vacation.” He added.

I smiled as I finish my tea. Lexington sure knew how to make me fluster like a little fan girl. But I had to remember this was all fake. It was just suppose to get my mom off my back. None of this was real.