Epilogue

The last time I was in the pack house hospital was one of the lowest points of my life, but today was one of the highest. I told the nursing staff as much when they asked what my pain management plan was and I told them emphatically EPIDURAL. I already endured severe pain for the life of my babies. I was taking the easier route this time.

I mind linked Jesse at the end of his important meeting with some visiting Alphas from the American Midwest inquiring about joining the charter. I knew it was important and I didn't want to distract him, but now that it was over it was time to tell him.

Hey love. I mind linked him.

Hey Gorgeous. He responded immediately.

It is time. I informed him.

For me to do what? He was confused.

Time to head to the hospital. My water broke. I am already here. I informed him.

On my way! Jesse confirmed.

He walked in the room in less than five minutes. He must have sprinted!

"How are you doing?" He asked as he came close to touch me.

I groaned as the dull ache started to build in my abdomen for another contraction. "I will be better when I get my epidural."

"On it." Jesse was out the door back with an anesthesiologist in five minutes. It is nice to have power sometimes.

"Your chart says you are far enough along... Looking good. Can you sit on the bed with your legs facing away from me please?" The doctor instructed.

Jesse lifted me, and helped me turn, and sat beside me. The tingling in my leg where our legs touched and where his arm wrapped around me was comforting. It felt like a warm hug. Then the pain started again, and I was anxious to get this part over with.

"Great, now bend your spine for me. Roll your back and hunch over as much as you can. Yes. That's it." The doctor instructed.

A sharp pain came from my back as a stinging sensation followed. Then I felt nothing. "There you go! Let's start the medicine."

The contraction that was ripping through my body suddenly became a dull ache. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." Jesse helped me sit back on the bed, and slid in beside me.

"Of course. If you need anything else, let me know." He instructed and left.

"How was your meeting?" I asked as I laid my head on Jesse's shoulder, breathing through the dull ache of the remaining contraction.

"Promising. Everything seems to be checking out so far, but we won't know until we actually visit the packs and do a proper inspection." Jesse had interwoven his fingers between mine.

I smiled at him. "I am so proud of you. You are working so hard to make our world a better place." I laid my head on his chest to listen to his heart as mate bond tingles spread over my skin.

Jesse had always smelled good to me, but now his smell made my senses come alive.

He held me tightly as my mind drifted back to a beautiful memory.

My dress did not stay on for long after the reception. We rented a bridal suite at a ritzy hotel about an hour from the venue. I did not behave in the car. I was fascinated by how the mate bond made me feel and I was interested in what my touch would do to Jesse. It is a wonder we didn't crash. He swore when we got to that hotel room I would be calling his name before he was through with me, begging him to stop.