Chapter 3: Puppy Love

When I opened my eyes, Jesse had shifted back during the night, but his waist was hidden under the blankets. He had his arms wrapped around me, and my face was resting on his chest.

Then I noticed, I had shifted back too!
He must have covered me, because I had blankets covering me up to my chest. I was not exposed, and I felt comfortable.

I had to fight my desire to touch his chiseled chest. I had never touched a boy before. I had only seen them minimally before I would look away in embarrassment when they would strut through the pack house, even though I did sometimes try to catch a second look without being seen when Jesse would walk through. He usually wore shorts though, and didn't strut as much as walk through normally.

That is why I was attracted to him. He seemed different, in a good way.
Jesse stirred beside me, and I adjusted the blankets to make sure my body was covered.

"Good morning sunshine." Jesse smiled at me.

"Hi.... I didn't mean to shift back. This is embarrassing..." My cheeks flushed crimson.

"I don't mind." Jesse grinned. He raised his eye brows glancing at where my neck ended and the blanket started, and then back to my eyes with humor glistening.

"I have never done anything. I don't know why I just told you that either..." I silently cursed my openness and honesty. I was going to drive him away with awkwardness. "I don't know. I am sorry. You probably think I am an idiot now!"

I pulled the covers over my head to hide. His body and scent and our nakedness was too much. I was a blubbering idiot!

Jesse slowly pulled the blanket back down, uncovering just my head. He placed his hand on my cheek, and looked into my eyes. Can I kiss you? I won't push you any further, I just really like you. Please? The mind link made the words far more intimate but less embarrassing.

Yes... I just.. Jesse only needed the yes, before his lips touched mine so softly. He slowly increased pressure and rubbed his lips against mine, parting them slightly so he could caress my mouth gently with his tongue. He kissed me lightly, gently, with a sweetness that made my heart flutter. Then he pulled away to look into my eyes.

He cupped my cheeks in his hands and said softly, "I like you Rebecca. I would love to be your date for the Star Ball. I really like you. Do you like me?" He looked down for a moment and his cheeks flushed red. Was he embarrassed too?

I lifted his chin, "Yes. I really like you Jesse." As my heart pleaded: Please don't hurt me. My rational brain was totally overpowered by my teenage hormones, and I couldn't stop myself.

I kissed him back. I copied what he did to me and he responded with more intensity. Our breathing deepened and came ragged as the kiss took on a deepening and passion. He gripped my head, and pressed his hands along my back, pulling my body closer to him. The blankets wadded up between us, the only thing separating our naked bodies. I touched his toned back and marveled at the smoothness. His skin felt so soft and warm.

Then the kiss ended, and he pulled away.

"We need to stop, before I can no longer control myself." Jesse warned, his breathing labored as he took deep breaths to calm himself down. "Unless you want to throw on some pants and make out. I am game if you are... I am trying to respect you Rebecca, but you are incredibly attractive to me. I really have to fight to control myself around you." Honesty and openness was all I saw in his eyes so I believed him.

"Maybe a little later. That was my first kiss, and I need to slow down." Jesse nodded, smiled, and comforted me by touching my face with affection.

"Jesse?" A troubling thought crossed my mind when I thought of later.