Chapter 31: Cruelty

⚠️⚠️⚠️ physical abuse, attempted murder ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Third Person Perspective

It was the night before The Ball and Marcus was in an especially foul mood, which meant he needed to hurt something to balance himself. Unfortunately, Rebecca was the only person in his sight.

Rebecca was in the shower when he assembled the torture device he packed away in his luggage. She didn't even get to dry off before Marcus came into the bathroom and slung her over his shoulder. He put her into the device, and bound her tightly. He gagged her to muffle her screams and then tortured her all night long until pools of blood soaked the carpet and her holes bled. She passed out from pain. That was her only sleep.

Rebecca’s Perspective

I awoke to Marcus getting ready for The Ball, while I was still strapped into the contraption.

Please let me out. I mind linked him through our mark.

"You aren't going to The Ball. The Alpha's daughter will be escorting me in your dress, because you do not feel well today." Marcus explained as he kicked me in the ribs. I cried out through the gag.

He left, without a second thought, and locked the door.

Samantha? Samantha? She did not respond. What is going on? I'm scared.

I was completely alone in a pool of my own blood. I faded in and out of consciousness.