Chapter 13: WTH

We wasted little time getting back to the Pack House, but as soon as we walked in the door there were cherry shaped helium balloons everywhere. There was loud music playing in the Recreational Room and pack mates were walking around with noise makers, and plates with cake and finger foods.

I looked up at Jesse, Jesse looked back at me, and he waited anxiously to see how I would react.

I burst out laughing so hard I couldn't even breathe. I clung onto Jesse for balance and kept right on laughing until I feared I would pee myself. I caught my breath, and continued laughing.

Jesse looked at me concerned like I might have blown a fuse, but waited patiently for me to explain the joke.

I was still laughing too hard to talk so I mind linked him, First the balloons and the note about 'congrats on popping my cherry', then the jar of cherries, and now it appears someone is throwing a party to celebrate the loss of my virginity to mortify me, but I just find it completely over the top hilarious! If it is not about me, just the coincidence is comedic gold!

I can roll with that. I love your perspective on things. Jesse smiled along with me. He still looked nervous, but now noticeably relieved.

They bought CAKE! Let's go get some before it is gone! Jesse didn't have to be told twice.

As I walked in, everyone blew their noise makers and shouted in unison: "Guess who popped her cherry!" and they began to cheer.

"Thank you everybody! I never knew I was so popular! Did you save us any cake?" I searched around and the crowd was surprised at my reaction, but they cleared a path to the food and started talking and blowing noise makers again.

The group seemed prepared by someone that this was done to harass me, but when I didn't react as expected, they just were happy to be having a party. They had no skin in the game, so the idea originated from a smaller group or a couple of individuals.

I kept my face joyful, while scanning the faces in the room to find the sour one. George was upset and so was Moriah. Two girls in the corner appeared to be bitter and angry as well.

Keep smiling but look for who you think looks disappointed in our reactions. That is probably who did this and who is hazing me at school. I glanced at Jesse as I linked him and he nodded.

I grabbed a big slice of cake, soda, and some mini egg rolls and took a seat next to Jesse to eat. Camping here to eat will show them I am not intimidated by them, and that their bullying doesn't bother me. I will talk to you later about how I really feel, but for now, it is time to party like we don't care. I reached up and pulled Jesse to my lips for a kiss, and he didn't resist one bit. He slid his tongue into my mouth and kissed me gently. There was a clanking of aluminum cans since there was no glassware. They were acting like we were at a wedding.

We cleaned our plates and drank our soda.

I stood up and announced: "Thank you all for the shin dig! I didn't know just how much you all cared. It means a lot. Thank you!"

The crowd cheered while Moriah and George sulked. Jesse and I smiled and left laughing all the way to my room.

Once inside I collapsed on the floor laughing until my sides hurt. Then I fought to breathe properly again. Tears trickled down my cheeks as another bout of laughing started again.

They had ACTUAL BALLOON CHERRIES! I lost control laughing, Cake! Finger foods! Noise makers! And when I didn't turn red, cry, or get upset, they sulked in the corners like babies! Did you see their faces? I just couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity.