Chapter 37: Confrontation

Third Person Perspective

Jesse left the council chambers and went straight to the hospital wing. Rebecca should be getting discharged soon, he wanted to tell her the results of the vote.

When he got to her room, she was showered, clothed, and sitting on the edge of the bed. She looked just like she always had, and he had to really remind himself to treat her gently when everything inside him wanted to let out his feelings.

"HI!" Rebecca stood up and hugged Jesse tightly.

"HI Love," Jesse squeezed her back. "So... I have news." Jesse made sure he had a good grip on her incase she took it badly.

"Is this about your political meeting?" She asked.

"Actually, yes. We voted on the sentencing of Marcus and the council members that hurt you. " Jesse paused.

"What happened?" Rebecca sat down in a chair, and Jesse sat in another chair beside her knee to knee so he could read her face.

"Alpha Gregory is highly respected amongst the Alphas of the alliance. He vouched for your character and after some discussion, we put it to a vote. They charged all of them as guilty and they will face the death penalty tomorrow." Jesse waited to read Rebecca's reaction.

"I feel so many things. I don't know what to say." Rebecca sat back in her chair overwhelmed.

"Would you like to look Marcus in the eye and reject him?" Jesse suggested. "Otherwise you will feel his death."

"True." Rebecca thought for a moment, "Yes. I think I like that idea. Let's go."

Jesse guided Rebecca down into the subterranean prison cells. The guards showed Jesse respect as he entered. He stopped to talk to them.

"Did Alpha Alex come down here to talk to Marcus?" Jesse inquired.

"Yes sir. It was a quick conversation and he yelled at Marcus for his lack of tact and the outrageous embarrassment he caused the pack. He was also mad that Marcus dragged his councilmen into his debauchery. Alpha Alex said he would clean up his mess." The guard reported.

"Thank you Steve. I count on you. I am glad you are in our service. Keep up the good work!" Jesse clapped Steve on the back and Steve saluted.

Jesse walked down the hallway to Marcus' cell. It was dark, damp, and smelled of mold. Rebecca followed behind at a distance. She moved to stand next to Jesse and faced Marcus. He sat on a bench in the left hand side that also served as his bed.

"Marcus?" Rebecca called into the prison cell.

"Yes mate?" Marcus answered, "Or I should say whore?"

"I, Rebecca Larson reject you Marcus Stanford as my mate." I stated.

Marcus doubled over in pain and cried out.

"Was that necessary?" He whined.

"Yes. I have felt enough pain at your hand, and I want you to die unwanted and alone." Rebecca looked at Marcus with stone cold eyes.

Jesse mind linked the guards on the first floor summoning them to the prison. Something sparked his instincts and he knew there was a risk of a jailbreak.

The guards came down and stood before Jesse confused. "What are your orders?" I want to double the guards on these prisoners, and double the guard at the gates. I have a bad feeling and I am not often wrong.

"Yes sir." The guards answered.

"Marcus, how would your Alpha get you out of a mess like this? My guess would be to blow up the prison, infiltrate my guards, or call the human police. Did you know these prisons are especially hidden from human detection and require the highest standard of warrant to even get through the first level of security? You are screwed. No one is coming to save you, but I did promise Fang one more session with each of you before you die. I will be bringing your contraption down tonight. Don't plan on sleeping." Jesse promised. Marcus blanched.

"Ready to go?" Jesse asked Rebecca.

"Yes. This scumbag doesn't deserve any more of my time." Rebecca walked out of the prison shutting the door on Marcus for good.