Chapter 2: Really?

I just turned 17, and I have been staying at the pack house on and off to make more friends before I move in permanently at age 18. Living with my parents is nice, but I am ready for my own space. They can be a bit nosey and their rules often make me feel suffocated. At the pack house, there is less supervision, but there is a pecking order. I am not very high on that list.

I ran up to the pack house door and saw that someone had blocked the wolf entrance, which was little more than an enlarged doggy door covered with a thick rubber flap to keep out the cold. I tried to move the piece of lumber wedged into the way, and heard a sneering laugh.

George appeared beside me, and laughed as he watched me struggle. He was larger and stronger than me, and he had wedged the lumber in quite firmly when he saw me coming.

I looked at him in annoyance and snuffed my nose at him. I grabbed his phone out of his hand with my mouth and ran a few feet away to a mop bucket someone had set outside to get it out of the way. I held the phone over the water and growled.

George suddenly became more willing to negotiate, "Hey now! No need to get all violent. It was just a harmless prank. See? No harm, no foul, now give me back my phone Rebecca!" George moved the lumber out of the way and tossed it to the side with his arms outstretched like he surrendered.

I dropped his phone into the snow, missing the bucket, and George scrambled to retrieve it while I ran inside. I really did not appreciate all the pranks and ribbing I received all of the time, but it was part of pack life. Every one had a place, and many wolves were obsessed with their standing.

I ran through the hall to my room, and pulled the handle to my door. The pack had installed handled door nobs on all the dormitory rooms for both wolf and human access, ever since the girls put in complaints about being forced to walk naked through the coed living quarters.

Nudity was typically frowned upon in public spaces with the exception being after a run, so some of the boys used this to their advantage. Many of the boys still chose to shift outside and walk in naked, hoping to find a partner for the night if they could get the right girl's attention.

I was not one of those girls.

Sure, I was just as hormonal as everyone else, but I have standards. I didn't want my first time to leave me feeling used. I wanted my first time to be for love. I wanted sex to come from intimacy and not just lust.

I entered my room, and became alarmed. My crush, Jesse was laying on my bed, topless, on his side, like some sort of underwear model. His thin gym shorts leaving little to the imagination as he looked at me with steamy eyes and smiled.

"Hi Rebecca. George told me you were headed this way and I thought I would spare you the trouble of finding me. I have seen the way you look at me, and I wanted to tell you, the feeling is mutual. I really would like to get to know you better... If you know what I mean."

Jesse smiled seductively, his eyes never leaving mine, intensity flooding me as he moved in such a way that I could see his member stiffen through the thin fabric.

He smelled like he had just showered, and my room smelled of soap and shampoo. His underlying scent was attractive as well. He smelled of sandlewood and a faint hint of masculine musk.

It is true, I thought he was highly attractive, but I also knew he had a reputation of being a play boy and I wouldn't do that to myself.

I closed my eyes intentionally, holding them closed for a few seconds to unscramble my head. His body on display and that stare was making my head swim. I knew I should run, but I couldn’t will myself to move. He was just so attractive, and he was in my bed.

When I opened my eyes, he had moved to a few inches from my face and kissed my wolf nose lightly. "Come on Rebecca. I really like you. I mean it." He touched my face, caressing the fur on my snout. His touch made my insides melt. "Here, let me level the playing field." He offered.

Jesse slipped off his shorts, while I struggled to look away, and shifted into his wolf. He had a brown, ruddy coat with agouti bands of color on each strand. He was truly beautiful. He rubbed his snout against mine and purred. His wolf was enormous, and his eyes were just as intense. I wanted him, even though I shouldn't.

Jesse mind linked me: Please? Just snuggle with me on the bed. I won't even touch you. I just don't want to be alone tonight. I really do like you Rebecca.

My resistance was waning, and he was just so handsome. Snuggling with Jesse would be wish fulfillment for me, but what if I couldn't stop him from doing more. Did I want him to do more?

I looked at him skeptically: I am inexperienced. I looked down, and pawed the ground embarrassed. I looked up to his intense eyes. I am scared.

Jesse licked my snout. Just stay shifted. I just want to snuggle. Come on. Jesse pressed my door shut behind me, and laid on my bed. He pawed beside him.

I shyly laid down beside him, and he curled around me. He licked my fur along the side of my face and purred, nuzzling his snout into the fur near my neck.

You smell so good. Jesse breathed in my scent deeply, and sighed. See? I won't hurt you. I really do like you Rebecca. I just wanted to be near you.

I was just beginning to relax, when the door opened and George entered with his phone, took a picture, and ran slamming the door behind him.

I was never more happy that we were shifted.

What? Did you just set me up? I leaped from the bed mortified.

Come back to bed. Jesse pawed in front of him and whined. George is a prankster. He wanted to mess up my chances with you. He is not my concern. I just wanted to snuggle with you, talk with you, get to know you. Please, lay back down. We just were getting comfortable. Please?

Jesse whined and pawed the bed. I slowly crept back into his paws, facing him this time, and snuggled into his neck. He is incredibly attractive and I have had a crush on him for a very long time. He smelled so good. Maybe he would be my first boyfriend and my first relationship. Maybe he really does like me.

Jesse? I looked at him.

Yeah? His eyes lazily turned towards mine, fully relaxed.

Are you interested in going to the Star Ball with me? Maybe I was reading all this wrong and he was just lonely and taking what he could get, or maybe he actually was interested in me.

Why not? I said I like you didn't I? I would be game. He licked my snout and nuzzled my head.

Soon we fell asleep, and true to his word Jesse didn't do anything to me, and we just snuggled as wolves for the entire night. It felt so nice.