Chapter 32: Trickery (No Triggers)

About an hour later, someone broke the door down.

I was in and out of consciousness.

I heard Jesse's voice, but could barely make him out visually. He was yelling my name, but he looked and sounded so far away. Like he was at the end of a long hallway.

I felt strong arms release me, wrap me in a blanket, and carry me. It was then I lost consciousness.

I woke up and Jesse was beside me, asleep across my lap, holding my hand in his sleep. The clock said midnight. I was in a hospital, and my back hurt badly. I started to cry from the pain, and Jesse woke up and hit the nurse button, demanding more pain medication. He was denied, because the baby couldn't handle it.

Samantha? I called.

I am here. She answered.

Where were you? I asked.

Wolf's Bane. I saved the baby but I couldn't heal you. I'm sorry. She apologized.

"Jesse?" He looked up at me with sadness in his eyes. "I am ok. I am with you. That's all that matters."

"If I roll over it will hurt. Let me roll the bed down flat, and if you lift me onto my side it will take the pressure off the cuts on my back and reduce the pain." I explained.

I pressed the button to put the bed down, and Jesse lifted me and turned me. I gritted my teeth through the pain, and then I felt relief.

"Thank you. That feels much better. Now lay right here in front of me and help me heal." I instructed. "I feel scared without you."

He laid in front of me on his side, and he let me cuddle into his chest. He was afraid to touch me, because most of my skin was damaged. He held my head and the tops of my shoulders.

"Is Marcus dead?" I asked.

"No. He escaped with his Alpha's daughter." Jesse explained.

"Kiss me, and he will mind link me. I will tell him I am fucking you in a hospital bed, and make it graphic. Just have security hidden and ready. He will come in as the doting mate to catch you. He has no idea the man I am with has the power to arrest him. When he comes, grab him. At least, it would be nice to hurt him back." I brainstormed a plan.

Jesse agreed and mind linked security to put them into place. Then he touched my face, looking into my eyes with affection.

"I missed you more than I could ever express. I still love you Rebecca." He spoke from his heart and my walls began to fall.

Jesse kissed me deeply with love and feeling. He held my face in his hands, and made my heart skip.

What a whore! Who are you fucking behind my back? Marcus' mind linked me as his chest began to hurt from our mate bond breaking.

The father of my child, and he is so hot. I answered.

That is not a name. Marcus pointed out.

No, but I have a place, the hospital bed where you left me. Oh wait, no you left me to die in a pool of blood. Harder, harder! Your cock is so much bigger... It feels amazing. Ahhhh! Yes! I taunted Marcus screaming moans across the mind link.

I laid it on thick then kissed Jesse again.

I knew Marcus' ego couldn't take it and that should draw the snake out in a blind rage. Marcus thought he was invincible, and he was about to meet his match.

Samantha, can you heal? I asked.

Slowly. I will start with the deepest cuts first. She explained.

Thank you. I replied.

Jesse was kissing me like I never left, but my heart couldn't feel it anymore. It felt muted, I felt numb, and it bothered me, but my goal was to bring Marcus here.

I guess the plan worked, because five minutes later there was a commotion in the hallway as security grabbed Marcus and threw him in a cell.

Jesse mind linked them, never breaking contact with me even once. I could feel Jesse's emotional need for connection, but I worried if I could even fill it.

When the nurses came in to check on me, they saw us kissing and left. I should probably reject Marcus, but I was enjoying his screams too much. The mate bond is pure torture when your mate cheats.

Jesse stopped eventually, and looked me in the eyes. "How is your mind?" He asked carefully. He softly smoothed my hair trying not to bring attention to the blood spattered in it. He could tell something was wrong past the physically obvious.

"No. I am a mess." I admitted. "You are investing into a person who is broken and I don't know if I will ever be well again." I confessed with tears streaming down my face.

"It is not your fault, and I will help you." Jesse promised.

"But everything hurts and nothing feels right." I worried.

"It will all heal." He told me with confidence.

"I want to claim you as my mate officially, sooner rather than later, to protect you with the full force of my birthright. I want our child to be claimed and your reputation solidly sustained. I want you in a healthy environment with the respect and dignity you deserve, and I can only give that to you as my mate. We can wait as long as you need to have sex again. It will just make everything easier for you to make things simple concerning our relationship, custody, and politics to get the official parts done so you can heal unchallenged and protected. That is assuming you still want me." Jesse completed his plans, then looked away, slightly embarrassed. He realized his assumption.

"Of course I want you. I just need time for my body and my heart to remember how." I explained.

"I understand." Jesse smiled relieved. "I missed you so much."

"Now I will let you rest, because Fang has an appointment with his new punching bag." Jesse winked.

"Tell Marcus I said hi." I smiled weakly figuring out exactly what he meant.

"Jesse?" He stopped and looked at me. "Can you come here for a second?"

He walked to my bedside.

"I am ashamed to say this out loud." Jesse came very close to my face so I could whisper, "Please incarcerate the council members from the Juneau pack until I can identify the guilty ones. They did unspeakable things to me to entertain Marcus."

Jesse waited, and when I didn't elaborate he asked, "Beat you?" I nodded. "Rape?" He asked softer.

"Gang rape." I clarified. "Horrible things I rather not say right now. Please put them in cells. Some are innocent, but the rest deserve to die."

Jesse agreed, "I will bring you mug shots. Write down your statement, and I will present it at their trial."

Jesse saw my body tremble as I remembered what happened and he got into the bed beside me and held me trying hard to avoid the worst of the cuts. Sobs that sounded like they came from a wounded animal came from my heart as the last walls began to melt. I was falling apart, but Jesse was holding me together.

I sobbed until I fell asleep from exhaustion, safe in Jesse's arms.