Chapter 22: Assassination!

Outside the teahouse, Ta Xue Bai had long since disappeared to who knows where. Qin Shao Yu took Shen Qian Ling with him, and the two of them slowly walked along the mountain road together. The trees along the way were lush and the scenery was superb, but Shen Qian Ling had no thoughts at all. He was full of words from the old man.

"Be careful!" Qin Shao Yu grabbed his arm.

Only when Shen Qian Ling looked back did he realise that he had almost stepped into a pool of stagnant water.

"What are you thinking about?" Qin Shao Yu asked.

"Nothing." Shen Qian Ling shook his head perfunctorily, obviously distracted.

"Did the old man say something to you?" Qin Shao Yu pinched his ear.

Shen Qian Ling's heart panicked, don't be so sharp as to guess the right answer right from the start! You're not Brother Sharp!

"Say it!" Qin Shao Yu was very stubborn, "Did you tell your fortune?"

Shen Qian Ling frowned, "How do you know?" Don't say that you do such a despicable thing as eavesdropping!

"A blind guess." Qin Shao Yu laughed, "The most famous temple on Qian Mu Mountain is Pudu Temple, which is very popular all year round, and people come to pray to the gods and worship Buddha every day. As time goes by, the people in the surrounding areas have naturally learned to be more refined and will always say a few nice words to foreigners when they see them, just for the sake of happiness."

It's not as simple as saying auspicious words at all! Shen Qian Ling squeezed the cloth bag in his sleeve, it was a real old fairy! Even if he wasn't immortal, he was half-immortal!

"Tell me, what did he calculate?" Qin Shao Yu continued to interrogate.

Shen Qian Ling patted him on the shoulder, "He said you will have many children and grandchildren in the future, are you happy?"

"No wonder you've been depressed." The corners of Qin Shao Yu's mouth lifted, "So you're jealous."

Eat your sister! Shen Qian Ling had a mouthful of blood in his throat, how dare he feel better about himself!

"You don't have to worry about that, I can treat Fūrén as heaven ... Hmm." Qin Shao Yu covered his stomach.

Shen Qian Ling retracted his fist, beating up a martial arts master. It was really cool!

Even if I knew he was acting, it didn't matter!

"Fūrén is so fierce." Qin Shao Yu complained.

"Don't call me Fūrén when no one else is around!" Shen Qian Ling kicked him away.

"Is it okay if there are outsiders?" Qin Shao Yu laughed at his words.

Shen Qian Ling pouted, "You only need to act when there are outsiders." Do you really think that I can't see that?

Qin Shao Yu froze for a moment.

"Let alone now, even before I lost my memory, you never liked me at all, right?" Shen Qian Ling asked straightforwardly as the window paper had already been pierced.

Qin Shao Yu raised his eyebrows, "Why did you say that, Fūrén?"

Because it feels so fake! Shen Qian Ling slinked forward and acted so pompously, I'm a professional!

"Why don't you ask me why I want to marry you?" Qin Shao Yu walked alongside him.

"...... Why?" Shen Qian Ling was indeed a bit confused about this point. According to his mother, she had asked his elder brother to lobby Qin Shao Yu in order to relieve himself of the cold poison, but originally it was just a test, but to his surprise, the two sides hit it off immediately and everything went exceptionally well, and a month later, the Shadow Chasing Palace even sent him a bride-price. That's quite sincere!