Chapter 13

"Come on, one more" Dean encourages and I pathetically lift the weights with my arms one final time, before throwing them onto the desert ground. We have been lifting weights for the past half hour, and my arms feel like spaghetti. I put my hands on knees and breathe heavily.
Dean puts a hand on my back and I instantly stand up, his hand falling from me.
"That was really good" he tells me, picking up the weights I dropped.
"I don't know how you do that everyday" I huff and lift myself up, before helping to pick up some of the weights. Dean brought much heavier weights for himself, so I don't even bother trying to pick those up, my noodle arms wouldn't be able to pick one up right now if my life depended on it. We finish cleaning in silence, a comfortable silence. Deans hair is hanging down in sweaty strands, and he flicks his head to get the pieces out of his face. When he does, some water flies off and hits me in the face. My mouth gapes open, and he stares at me, his lips slowly turning up into a smile, before he begins laughing like a 4 year old. It's a nice sound, and I wish I heard it more.
"Oh, now you've done it" I warn him, and he continues laughing. I can't even pretend to be mad at him though, his laugh is too infectious. I open one of the doors of the car, and pull out another water bottle from the bag Dean brought. Untwisting the cap, I grin at Dean. He sees the bottle in my hand and stops laughing.
"Whoa there Riley, you don't want to do that" he grins at me, as if he's challenging me to try. I throw the cap to the side and shrug my shoulders.
"What do I have to lose" I smile, before throwing the water towards him. He turns sideways and hitches his back in an attempt to dodge the liquid, but he has no luck. The water hits him in the chest, and I continue flicking the bottle to soak him more. He should be thanking him, I'm cooling him down from his workout.
"Hey hey!" He calls, trying to get me to stop. He tries running away, but I keep up with him. I'm in a complete fit of laughter at his expense, and he chuckles along with me.
"You're dead" he suddenly stops dead in his tracks turns to face me, a completely serious expression overtaken his features. I stop, inches away from me. I gulp, and suddenly become nervous. What if he's actually mad, did I take it to far? I look up, he looks pissed.
I do see a flash of a smile hit the corner of his mouth, and I know he's only pretending to me pissed to try and trick me.
I throw the rest of the water right into his face, and he stares at me.
"Damn you" he calls, and I turn on my heel to run away.
"Oh no you don't" he exclaims, and he wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me back to him. I squeal and laugh, it comes out as an awful sound, making him laugh more.
He effortlessly lifts my body off of the ground and spins me around. The wetness off of his shirt is cool against my back.
"Ah, it's cold" I shriek.
"Apologize" he orders, and puts me down, but still holds me against himself. Water drips from his hair again, making me even colder, even though we're in a desert.
I try prying his arms from my stomach, but of course he's too strong.
"I'm sorry" I yell, laughing. My stomach is in pain from how much I've laughed.
"Now say I am the king" he demands in a loud and proud voice. I shake my head no, and he takes one arm from around my stomach. He brings it to his head, and shakes his hair. More water rains down on me.
"Fine, fine! You're the king!" I yell, and he lets me go. I run off towards the car, and I can feel him close on my tail. He quickly passes me, but I don't give up, I charge the last few meters towards the car.
He beats me to the door handle, and throws his arms up in victory.
"I am the KING" his echo fills the empty space, and I roll my eyes.
I seriously cannot believe this is the same Dean I have known. This Dean is playful, and witty. Plus, when we were on the run, he motivated me and kept me going, which I never in a hundred years thought he would do. I'm glad he proved he does have a nice side, and showed that he can actually be a decent human.
"Come on Mr. King, I have to go back to the hotel" I tell him, and open my door, while he still obnoxiously celebrates his victory with a huge smile on his face.
He finally gets in on his side and puts on his seatbelt, ending our fun.
"Why such a rush to get back?" He asks me and I put the car in ignition. Before I drove, I punch in the address of the hotel into the GPS attached to the front window.
"I have to shower" I tell him. I look to him, and he's looking back at me. He's thinking really hard about something.
"What?" I ask. I wonder if he's thinking about insulting me more. Maybe I have something in my teeth. I run my tongue over my teeth, but feel nothing.
"You.. I mean, if you... If you wanted, I live.. I live close by here. You can.. Uh, you can use my shower, you know, at my house" he looks out the window on his side, waiting for my answer. I don't think I have ever heard Dean that nervous, or stutter that much. He is usually very good with words, so hearing him not be able to form a sentence is new.
It probably isn't a good idea for me to go back to deans house with him, who knows his intentions. Truthfully, I hardly know the guy, and even though we have had a good day, I don't want to risk it.
Dean looks at me and seems to read my mind.
"Oh god no, Riley. I didn't mean like that. I mean hotel showers usually suck, and since you're going to have to take me back to my place anyways, it's just easier." He tells me.
I don't know why, but I truly believe that he isn't inviting me over for that reason. I know he doesn't really like me at all, much less like that.
"Yeah that'd be good, thank you" I tell him and he nods once.
The GPS doesn't seem to work, because we're in the middle of nowhere, and there's no signal, but Dean seems to know where to go. He directs me out of the open desert, and before I know it were back in the city. It's so weird that we can go from such a peaceful landscape, to a city like Las Vegas.
After the GPS is able to find out where we are, Dean punches his address, and the GPS does its thing. His house is only about 20 minutes away from where we are now.
The ride is silent, sort of awkward. After the water fight, Dean is still dripping wet onto the leather seats of the rental car.
"Do you want some clothes to sit on so you don't get water on the seats?" I ask him, but he says no. I sigh, if the seats get ruined, it's my neck on the line. But, I ignore it. Hopefully I can wipe off the seats later. Today has been going well, and I don't want to fight with him over something like car seats.