Nightmare- Jude Bellingham

Family fluff!?

Jude awoke to a sudden hit against his back and turned his body to face you, only to be taken aback by the sight of you, lying on your back, a thin layer of sweat coating you.

Your eyes were squeezed shut, and your lips trembled.

He sat up and placed a soft hand on your shoulder, tired of jarring you awake from your nightmare.

"Y/n?" he asked quietly. "Wake up, honey."
You jerked away from his fingers, turning your head to the pillow, unable to shake the nightmare.

"Wake up, please," he said, his voice a little louder this time.

Your eyes popped open, and you sat up, seeking for something, anything, to pull you back into reality. Your hand sought your boyfriend and tightened it's grip on him.

Jude sat behind you, softly rubbing your back, and your chest heaved as you sucked in fast breaths to try to shake the nightmare.

"It's okay, baby, you're okay," he promised quietly.

"You're fine."

You pricked up, shaking your head, at the one word that was the source of your nightmare.

"Baby? Oh my goodness, our child!"

You were exhausted from scrambling out of bed, but Jude put his arms around you, attempting to calm you down.

"Honey," he said, "my dream, she's -" His eyes searched you in anxiety before reaching past you and to the baby monitor on the bedside table, which he held in front of you.

"Y/n, she's fine," he said. With nervous breaths, you watched the small screen as your kid moved about in her bed, drawing her baby blanket closer.

"She's all right."

With tears streaming down your cheeks, you moistened your lips and snuggled into your boyfriend's embrace.

"Oh, my gosh."

He flung the monitor aside and hugged you close, kissing your head and mumbling comfort.

"It was just a nightmare, honey; you're fine, d/n's fine, everything's fine."
You nodded, knowing you wouldn't be able to sleep again because it was so early in the morning.

"Would you like me to make you some tea?" Jude proposed.

"No, you have a training session in less than 8 hours, go back to sleep." With a tiny shake of his head, he smiled.

"I'll be fine; I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Don't worry, Jude, it was just a nightmare."

"You're telling me," he jokingly said.

You drew yourself away from him and stared at him, trying to understand how he could laugh.

"I'll take that cup of tea now," you grumbled as you slid out of bed and slung on your robe, awakening out of the room and directly to your daughter's room.

Jude  went straight to the kitchen, and you eventually followed him, holding D/n's , who was sleeping in your arms.

He carried your cup to the living room, placed it on the coffee table, and led you and your daughter to the couch, taking the toddler from your arms. You sipped your tea for a few moments before yawning, your weariness catching up with you.

Jude persuaded you to sleep for a little longer, which you did, without having any more dreams.