Cruel- Christian Pulisic

Angst

You never imagined that you and your boyfriend, Christian would end your relationship in this way, under these circumstances.

You would never have guessed that you would be the one to break up with him. You didn't believe he was capable of what he did to you, but he was.
Your heart has been broken, and all you can think about is why he did it.

Did you tire him out?
Did He no longer love you?
Was he ever in love with you?

Even though it sounds ridiculous, you believed every single one of his promises and fantasized about the two of you being together forever.

Stupid because you two are young and have no experience with life. Stupid because a boy like him and a girl like you never collaborate.
Stupid because he cheated on you and humiliated you in public.

It hurts to know that he didn't think twice about ruining what you two had, even though you tried everything you could to make it work. His recklessness with your heart hurts as well.

Everything about Christian hurts now.

He was too good to be true, very gentlemanly and attentive, he always remembered important dates, sang you songs to make you smile when you were sad, he stayed up late with you if you had any exams, he even tried to cook to make you happy, he always made you feel loved. Of course, you weren't the only one in his life.

He moved on as if nothing had happened between you, as if you had never been with him.

Did you really mean that little to him?

What hurt you the most was that when you found out, he didn't even show remorse; he simply admitted it. He never even apologized. He didn't even pretend to be ashamed or guilty; he just didn't deny it.

When you broke up with him, he didn't even show any emotion. As if it didn't bother him to hurt you, as if he didn't give a damn. Is this where you're supposed to end up?
As if this was the last time you two saw each other?