Asking you out- Kai Havertz

Fluff

You finish checking Mason's vitals, removing the electrodes.

"All good with you, you're in perfect shape, Mason." you told him, offering him a smile. He gets up, putting back his shirt.

"Thanks, Y/N. I think Kai is supposed to come after me, should I send him in on my way back?" he asks and you bite your lip for a second.

You had no idea you were performing the physical exam on Kai because you were only in charge of half of the Chelsea team, with your colleague performing the other half.

Nonetheless, this is your job.

"Thank you very much, Mason. That would be great." You concur. Going to your desk, you do a quick scan of Kai's medical file, your eyes paused at his attached photo, and a nervous churn twists your stomach.

He's very attractive, and he's always nice and polite, but you can't help but be intimidated by him. Kai exudes an aura that both attracts you to him and makes you want to avoid talking to him.

It's as if your brain struggles to function when you're around him, and you can barely speak a full sentence to him.

A knock on the door jolts you out of your seat, and you take a deep breath as the door swings open, revealing Kai.

"Hey, looks like today you're stuck with me." he jokes, his lips open up in a wide smile, his biceps flexing as he waves at you. You force down the lump on your throat, returning the smile as you point towards the mattress.

He removes his jersey, showing a defined abdomen as he lays down. You bite your lip as you get closer, heart beating incredibly fast as you touch his chest to place the electrodes.

His chest is warm and firm, captivating you, and it's not until Kai explicitly coughs that you realize you've been staring at his chest for quite some time.

You shift your gaze to the machine's screen, focusing on the vitals analysis, embarrassed. As you try to return your attention to the task at hand, you can almost feel Kai's cocky grin.

After a minute of awkward silence, Kai breaks it.

"You know, I was wondering if you were available this weekend? If so, then... I'm not sure. We could go get something to eat. Of course, if you want to." He asks tentatively, scratching his head from his nervousness, and you turn to face him, surprised and shocked that he's asking you out.

"Oh? I-I would love to." you reply, unable to hold back a shy smile from appearing. You're glad he asked.

"Great, we got a date then."