Sister? [end of act 2]

Before we knew it, the exams had arrived.I was also counting down to when Astraea died in the real story. 7 weeks left to survive.

  I have done pretty well.Emmeline is neutral so far, The love interests are all fine with me, and one of them is head over heels for me.Well, I would not say head over heels but...Alastair is definitely infatuated...

  Thinking about that made my face red again.Ah-what the hell focus Heongchae!It's your exams!

  "Are you alright?"Alastair asked.

  I nodded.

  "Well, don't be too stressed!Even if you score badly I can just go behind the scenes and change the scores a little bit!"Alastair chirped.

  I sighed.

  "Alastair, that's fraud."I chided him, flicking his forehead with my fingers.

  Rubbing his forehead, Alastair pouted.

  "I was just looking out for my fiancé!"Alastair whined.

  He seriously liked acting cute.

  "Lady Astraea Asterisk."I heard my name being called, right after a 'Count Amos Anderson'.

  We did go by alphabetical order, so I was one of the first few.

  Alastair gave me a little wave as I got up stiffly and entered one of the examination rooms.

  What would be tested in this exam depended on your magic affinity.There was an entire syllabus for each affinity, as do teachers.So most students stay within their own affinity groups.The few classes that are attended in a form class of mixed affinity mages are magic theory and null/lifestyle magic.

  Hence, I was in the light magic examination room.I was shocked to see the person that had taken an exam in the room before me.She was...

  "Good morning!Good luck for your exam senior!"The student chirped, looking so similar to my younger sister.

  Suddenly, tears trickled down my face.

  "Jasmine?"I muttered.

  Fond memories of a sweet girl flashed before my eyes.A kind, sweet little girl barely six years of age that did not deserve the fate of an early death that was put upon her.My younger sister, who left us when I was 8.Her name was Pak Heo-jyeon, otherwise known to her close ones as Jasmine.

  Oh god stop.This is an exam, right?Pick yourself up and go through it.

  The girl that looked like my sister said, flustered at my sudden 'breakdown', tried to comfort me.

  "OH sorry did I make you more stressed?You must be delirious from it..."The girl muttered in a panic.

  The examiner came and spoke some words that I did not hear.

  Hah...what even was my horrible karma?Why does everyone have to dragged along with me to this world? If my sister is here don't tell me that my mother is a random infant out there in the world too.

  "Sorry, thanks for your words though I was just really stressed."I eventually said, "What's your name?"

  "Umm...Marchioness Isobel Chloé L'mere.Why?"The girl that looked like my sister asked.

  My smile immediately dropped.Isobel was a side villainess, that was one of Astraea's cronies that bullied the female lead with her.

  However....it seemed like my sister's kind soul has changed her.

  "For future reference, so you have some of the future Emperess's favour."I explained, lying through my teeth.

  Isobel's eyes widened and she smiled, bowing.