Magic PvP(2)

My second match was only five hours later at dusk.I had an early dinner before going back to the arena. I polished my Phyllenite necklace, as it worked the best when it was clean, then headed to the arena to fight my next oppoment.The genius dark mage, Marquis-

  "For the tenth match of today we have Marquis Hyung Tenebrus versus Lady Astraea Asterisk!"The presenter cried.

  Tenebrus...his sername is literally 'darkness'. How boringly straightforward.I walk back into the arena.This time, it was mostly dirt as the grass could not handle so much magic.Hyung was a genius at dark magic.He had black hair and eyes.

  "3...2...1..start!"

  I immediently jumped out of the way to avoid dark spikes that came my way.Light is weak to Darkness, and darkness is weak to light.We keep each other in balance, so fighting against each other puts us both at a disadvantage.

  However, I felt my Phyllenite vibrate.Null spells were surprisingly affective aganst light and dark magic.

  I teleported behind Hyung, summoning my light sword.However, his shadow rises and blocks me. A...shadow monster that was the silhouette of Hyung.It was made of a dark, misty black fog, with glowing red eyes.It swung its sharp claws at me, and I barely avoided it.

  The claws just managed to scratch my leg, causing me to wince as I teleported away.Right, I cannot just sneak up behind a dark magic user, as they mainly control shadows.I would have to face him face to face.I had to avoid where the shadows lie, or Hyung's shadow could pull me into his pocket dimension where he could surely destroy me as he would be more powerful there.

  Suddenly, I felt a tug on my leg.I turned around.It was my own shadow.Since it was dusk, our shadows were enlongated.I cursed in my head.I cut the shadow hand.How was one supposed to escape their own shadow?Where there is light, there is shadow.So the only option that I had was to...I smiled.

  Hyung did exactly what I needed, shrouding the entire arena in darkness.If I could not escape my shadow, then I should not try to escape at all.Shadow monsters came from every direction, and I smiled.I got you.

  Like an atomic bomb, light exploded from me.Warm light.Light as warm as an actual atomic bomb.The shadow monsters retested, screeching as some got left behind and were converted into light.I could not see, as the light came from me, from another source. Hence, there would be no shadow cast.I basically made an impenetrable shield of light.All this from two basic skills of manipulating light and producing it.

  I then walked in the direction of where Hyung was.Suddenly, a sharp end of a shadow tentacle pierced through the light, half burning.It went straight through my stomach.I gasped in pain.

  My shield faltered, and I collapsed to the ground.The lighting returned to normal.As the skies above grew dark, the fiery rays of the setting sun set the horizon's clouds aflame.Orange light washed over the arena.I looked at Hyung.He was covered in frost, and I was unable to guise whether or not he was concious.

  "So...is this a tie?"I said, my voice barely a whisper.

  Well, there was healing magic...so I would not die.However, I turned over painfully, crying in pain.My internal organs were recked.I coughed blood.I might not die, but I will experience the pain of dying.

  My vision turns black, as I heard a muffled voice yell, "A-a tie!"

                                ~~~~
  I woke up at night, fully healed.I was spooked from that experience, though.I rubbed my eyes.

  "Hmph, you somehow got hurt even worse than last time."Eos said, sighing.

  I tried to get up, but felt a stab of pain in my abdomen.

  "Be careful!That's my friend's body that you're inhabiting!"Eos cried, helping me to lie back down, "Healing magic can only do so much, okay?"

  I lowered my head.

  "Ugh, I tied with that guy."I snarled, "All that effort was wasted, even this injury."

  "You only care about the tournament?"Eos said, shaking his head, "*sigh, I should have known."

  "Oh and my name is Iris, in my previous life, that is."I told Eos.

  "Iris...maiden of rainbows...that's a nice name, I guess."Eos replied.

  EOS:10--->14 affection points

  Hmph, that was weird.I did not expect his affection to increase when I told him my name.I simply smiled.

  "Thank you."I replied simply.