The terrorists

The carriage stops, and I get out of the carriage.I thanked the driver and started walking back to my dormitory.

  Suddenly, there was a loud 'bang!', making me cover my ears.By the sound of it, it was an explosion.I looked around and saw a hole in the dormitory building.That hole was where my dormitory and several other students dormitories are...or used to be.

  Suddenly, a notification appeared in front of me.
-----------------------------------------------------------
                   -secret mission-
                 Catch the terrorists
Rewards:+5 affection points for all love interests, identity of the leader
              -accept-              -decline-
-----------------------------------------------------------

  Hmm, the identity of the leader?I guess that information will be useful in the future.

  Suddenly, a thought occurred in my mind.Eos!There was a sinking feeling in my chest.Wait...but there was no way a love interest could die, right?!He was in the main character after all...It was late at night, Eos would likely be in his dormitory near mine...

  I pressed accept and started running towards the dormitories.On the outside, I remained calm and determined, but I was filled with worry on the inside for Eos.He reminded me of Adam, and I did not want to lose either.I ran into the dormitory building, only to find knights killing students.

  Those knights...had the uniform of the knight academy.No way...The students, completely unprepared to fight, could not defend themselves properly.We were getting massacred.

  Anger, despair and worry built up in me.How did things end up this way? How dare those brainless brutes attack us mages! Where's Eos?!All three emotions clashed together.

  I raised my hand and in a flash the knights were frozen in ice.No matter how angry I am, I could not kill them. Stunning them in ice is better as killing would take more energy.Eos's and the students' safety was my priority now.

  I looked at the dead bodies sadly.Rest in peace, my fellow mages.I did a quick prayer for the dead then continues running.As I ran, I casted cold light and froze knights.In my head, I counted the number of knights.

  3...5...8...14...I finally made it to the hole in the dormitory building. Suddenly, there was another explosion.I protected myself with warm light, vaporizing any debris that came my way.

  As the dust settles, I cough and look around me.I saw a human arm poking out of a chunk of debris.I screamed. That arm could not be Eos's, right?!

  Suddenly, hands grabbed my shoulders.I clenches my fist to hit the person but they blocked it.Only then did I turn around and realized that it was Eos.

  "Iris, are you alright-"Eos asked.

  I hugged him, thank goodness he was still up and walking.

  "Thank goodness your safe."I whispered.

  EOS:36--->39 affection points

  I then walked to the arm poking out of the chunk of debris.I touched it.It was cold.I held a quick prayer for whoever got crushed then turned back to Eos.

  "So, what happened?"I asked.

  "I was in the library when the explosion occurred, then I rushed here to apprehend the assilant. Whoever did this had planned for this thoroughly."Eos replied.

  Suddenly, six knights appeared around us.I flexed my fingers, trying to freeze them with cold light but for some reason, my magic did not work on them.