The ball

The ball was going to start in 5 minutes.I had a plan.I would arrive late, fashionably late.Astraea did want to make an impact after all.She chose to wear little makeup, just mascara and eyeliner.It gave her a natural look, unlike other girls that apply layers upon layers of makeup.

  It showed that Astraea had confidence in her looks, while other girls were hiding their real selves behind layers of makeup.Normally, one would not like a confident woman.However, Astraea's goal is to take over the family buisness, not chasing after marriages with men with better titles than her.Hence, her dress style showed that.

  I walked into the ballroom, ten minutes late, holding a black feather fan.Everyone's head turned towards me the instant I walked into the ballroom.I wondered if Astraea had sought attention.If she did, then she would have loved it here.It was hilarious, watching the scene unfold before my eyes.Some girls had already got dancing partners for the dance later, but those partners were now looking at me.I was the shock factor of this ballroom.

  "Lady Astraea, you still look as beautiful as when we last met."I heard a voice say.

  I turned around to find a man with blonde hair and purple eyes walking towards me.It was his voice, the crown prince's.

  -Crown prince, Alastair Damien Blaese

-Gown I was wearing

  "You look stunning tonight.I never saw anyone daring enough to wear black."Alastair said.

  "Well, now you have saw one.But it's not a matter of how much I dare, I'm making a statement."I replied.

  Alastair laughs, saying,"I see."

  On the way here, Eos told me how Astraea met Alastair.They were actually childhood friends.Astraea saw Alastair every month or so since she was 6 as her family went to watch over the servants installing the lights. Since they signed a contract with the royals.Astraea would stay for a few days before leaving.The two became friends, as they bonded over perfection.The two were in similar situations, they had to be perfect. Hence, they understood each other the best.It was no wonder that they became friends.After Astraea turned 12, her family stopped going to the royal castle.They sent letters to each other afterwards.Astraea did not see the crown prince since she was 12 until today.

  "Still your rebellious self?"Alastair asked.

  I laughed.

  "I'd hardly say rebellious."I replied.

  The string quartet started playing.So the dance segment was starting. Alastair smiles and offers his arm.

  "May I take this dance?"He asked.

  "You may."I replied.

  I had zero dancing experience, but Astraea's muscle memory saved me from humiliation.The students were gossiping about us now.

  "I can't believe it!The crown prince chose to dance with a Lady?!Trust me, this will become the scandal of the country!"I heard them say.

  'Let them talk.'I thought.I could not care less about what others think of me.They did not know Astraea's history with Alastair.As we danced, we talked.

  "So, how are things in the castle?"I asked.

  "My parents are afraid of you.They are afraid that a girl of such low rank will be as powerful as the royal family and lead a rebellion."Alastair replied, "Anyways, I heard of your accomplishments.I learnt the new spell you created."

  "Well, I created another new one, want to see it?"I asked,"I don't care what your parents think, I'll let them talk."

  Alastair nodded.I flexed my fingers and light appeared right under the chandelier in the middle of the ballroom, blue light.Alastair also used light magic, so he could learn from me.Snowflakes glided down as people gasped in awe.

  "No way!Lady Asterisk is amazing!Snow out of light?!"I heard the students yell.

  "Well, I hope you'll teach me someday instead of me needing to read a book you wrote to learn it."Alastair said.

  I chuckled.

  "It's been nice catching up with you.Would you like to go somewhere more private for dinner?I have dinner at the pavilion, the entire garden is specially reserved for me so noone would intrude on our conversations."Alastair suggested.

  I agreed, and the dance ended.I followed Alastair to the pavilion where a butler and a couple of maids were waiting.These servants were professionals.The way they held themselves, that obedience.I could tell that they would not speak a word to anyone else of what Alastair and I would say here.I smiled.They were loyal to Alastair.

  Alastair pulls my chair out for me.I sat down and said a polite 'Thank you.'Alastair sits in the chair opposite me.

  "So, the high priest has dreamt of a prophecy of the future.This prophecy  concerns me, as it involves you.I know you are not the superstitious type, but I will share it to you as it is deeply troubling."Alastair explained.

  My brow furrowed.Did the priest prophesize that I would die at the hands of Emmeline or the other male protagonists?

  "Continue."I said.

  Alastair gave me a scroll, which I took and read.The priest prohecized that I would unlock all my mana and try to destroy the world, when a heroine who also unlocked all her mana stopped me.It was exactly like the ending I knew.The one where Astraea kills herself.I frowned.I guess this shows that I had triggered that ending and that it was now a potential ending for Astraea.

  "I do not think you would want to destroy the world...but like, I was worried.I don't want you to die, so that's also partly why I pestered my parents to agreeing to letting me go to the ball, so I could tell you this.I heard from Duke Zareth Tenebrae that you attempted suicide a month ago and...I'm worried about you..."Alastair muttered.

  I glanced at his affection percentage. What?!How was his affection rate at 80%?!I did not even meet him.Well, I guess it stems from hearing about Astraea's suicide attempt and being her childhood friend and all.However, this should not be the case!Astraea was the villainess!How could one of the love interests develop feelings for her when they have not even met face to face for 6 years?!I suddenly thought of a plan.
  If I make all the love interests affection percentage 100%, I would be able to avoid most of the bad endings. Then there would only remian the one ending, the one where Astraea ended her own life.