Parents(2)

Ngl, but after sitting down and having much more time to look at Astraea's parents, I found that they were inhumanly beautiful and handsome respectively.

  Astherielle, with her silky blonde hair that was such a light shade of blonde that it almost looked white under the light.She had rose-colored eyes, and a nice complexion.She did not even look a day after 30!This was so unfair!She's like 32 but she is more beautiful when I was 25 in my past life.This unfair fantasy world that never seems to suffer from acne and pimples!

  Then there was Alexiel, with his snow-white hair.He had beautiful eyes the colour of lavender, a slightly lighter shade of purple then Astraea's. I guess she inherited her dark purple eyes from a grandparent.I could tell he was a looker back in his day.Shame that they were bad parents!

  "So, Astrie, I'd like to address those four years..."Astherielle said with a tinge of regret in her voice.

  I almost spitted out my tea.WhAt?!!I simply gulped my tea down, coughed and composed myself.

  "What about them?"I asked, my voice shaking.

  Apart from this one sentence from the game 'those four years of training to be crown princess were extremely hard for Astraea', I barely knew anything about what occured then.

  "We put you through harsh training, and it likely gave you a hard time.We were trying to make you presentable for when your engagement with the crown prince would be announced in four years.However, I think we went too far.We're sorry for putting you through all of that.We're sorry that because of the buissness we aren't around much.I hope we can be better parents from her on out, and that we can start anew."Astherielle said, extending her hand to me for a handshake.

  I paused.Trinity and Astraea help me!!How will I know if you want to make up with your family, Astraea?!I don't want to mess with your family affairs!!!

  'Fine I'm here.Im surprised you didn't ask for help earlier.Im ready to accept their apology, but say it in a badass way that I can't do.'I heard Astraea, using my previous life's voice.

  I rolled my eyes in my head.I shook Astherielle's hand.

  "I will accept your apology and start anew, but I still cannot ignore all those years of strife you gave me.You abandoned your daughter for 12 years, and it's going to be 12 years till you regain her trust."I replied.

  Despite the tears forming at Astherielle's eyes, she nodded.

  "As much as it pains me to hear that, I will accept your terms.It is our fault, after all."Astherielle said, wiping away a single tear that escaped her eye.

  I noticed a knight talking to  Alastair, it seems like worrying news.Alastair then nods, his face darkening.

  Alastair puts an arm around my waist, as if telling the world that I was his.That was out of character.Is it because of what the knight said, or my parents?

  "If you'll excuse us, I'd like to talk to my fiancé for awhile."Alastair said.

  Oh?So he's going to tell me what the knight said.Alastair takes my hand and guides me to outside the dining room.

  "Okay, first of all, I'm admitting that the royal family has received death threats addressed to you for awhile now.Someone really wants to kill you, and they've unlocked at least 40% of their mana from what I just heard.They are actually a huge threat and can target both our families, as we're the only ones powerful enough to stop whoever he/she is-"Alastair explained quickly.

  "I know, only we can stop he/she but that does not mean we can be around our families to protect them from he/she all the time."I replied.

  Alastair sighed happily.

  "Thank Trinity my fiancé is as bright as me.Anyways, we need to discuss how to protect our families.They are our weaknesses."Alastair explained, "So, any ideas?"

  Hmm...Well, to be honest, I did not really want to protect Astraea's family.Like, they deserve to die for all I care.However, they did just ask for a second chance I accepted, so I guess I have to protect them.I hope I don't regret it in the future.Oh and how people say 'Thank Trinity' instead of thank god in this world is funny hehehe.Ahh, get back to the main thing at hand, Iris!It's a matter of life and death for these people!I took deep breaths in and out.

  "I...why do we have to play defensively when he/she is attacking?He/she knows this fatal flaw we have, so mind as well play to our strengths and attack he/she first before they can he/she could get to us."I replied monotonously, "Let's just find his/her location and jump him/her together."

  Alastair stares at me in disbelief for a moment before he bursts out laughing.I cocked my head.

  "You and I think so differently.Yes, your right, we should do that."Alastair said, "Oh, and there's a second thing."

  "Spit it out."I snapped.

  "We received a declaration of war."Alastair said coolly.

  "WHATTT?!!!!"I cried.(⁠ʘ⁠ᗩ⁠ʘ⁠'⁠)

Author's Notes:hehe, cliffhanger sorry ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ *cheeky smile