Finals

The finals have finally come.I would be going against the wind mage genius Marquis Derrick Lawrence.

  Lawrence was the 'genius' of wind mages, like how Carmilla and Zareth were the geniuses of the dark mages. However, unlike Carmilla, he got two noble prizes.He was on the same league as me.

  That was what worried me.I refined my archery skills and practised swordsmanship.I also practised teleporting with as little energy as possible.I could teleport 20 times until I start getting tired after training.The finals we're at dusk.So I trained in the morning.

  I had to win this competition.It would +20 affection points for all love interests.That would give me a hugeee advantage and help me alot in stopping Emmeline.

  20%=1/5 of the total affection points needed.That would get Alastair to 100% affection, and the others will all be over 30%.

  I was freaking out on the inside.I could not miss this chance!

  "You look stressed."Eos said, pouring me tea.

  "Caffeine!"I cried, gulping down the tea.

  "What?"Eos asked.

  Right, they did not know that caffeine exists yet.

  "Nothing...this just brings back good memories.Ahhh I miss Starbucks."I said.

  Eos looked extremely confused.His puzzled face kind of resembled a confused puppy.It was half cute and half hilarious.

  "It's a shop back in my world.It sells coffee, tea, cakes and stuff."I explained.

  "Oh, so it's a like a tea shop for commoners to have tea parties in?"Eos asked.

  "Kinda."I replied.

  Eos looked thoughtful for a moment. I had gotten used to him, and he was quite a good friend.

  "Anyways, I should head to the arena now.See you later."I said, standing up.

  "Good luck, Iris."Eos said, "Don't beat up Lawrence that much, alright?He's a family friend."

  I laughed.

  "I won't."I replied.

  Contrary to what I said, I actually had every intention to.(my evil side emerges >:)

                         ---------------

   I entered the arena.This time, the crowd was silent as I walked in.The tension could be felt.Everykne never expected a girl to make it to the finals. They never expected Carmilla to at least make it to the quatarfinals, and me to the semifinals.However, things turned out in a way no one expected them to.

  Sure, people thought I was powerful. However, they did not think that I would have any actual combat experience.Astraea went under an alias to attend all those swordsmanship tournaments anyway.

  It always felt wonderful to prove everyone wrong.Both in this life and my previous's.

  "You look confident."Lawrence said.

  I stared glumly at him.From what I am seeing, Lawrence is that 'silent but popular guy'.He was the silent, hate attention kind of guy.However, some girls just like those silent, strong types.Hence, he is popular without doing a thing.

  "I do?I thought I put on the most emotionless face possible."I replied.

  "You and I are the same type of people, I can see through that emotionless face."Lawrence said, "You  also see through me, don't you?"