Magic PvP(3)

I opened my drawer and opened the secret compartment in it.I took out a piece of parchment.It was not just a piece of parchment, though.

   I erased the number beside Eos's name and changed it to how it was now.

Eos:14%
Vyn:12%
Alastair:85%
Zareth:11%

  Hmph, I should meet Zareth soon.I targeted him as the first love interest to win over but he has the least affection percentage right now.I sighed.My plan of dealing with the hardest to the easiest might seem to be backfiring now...I leaned against my armchair, smirking.However, it is the best in the long run.

  I put the parchment back in the secret compartment of the drawer. Carina came in just as I closed the drawer.

  "My lady, your next match is in ten minutes!You have to hurry!"Carina cried.

  I got up from my armchair.

  "Don't worry, Carina, I am always on time."I said.

                          ---------------

  I entered the arena by teleporting this time.I knew everyone would have known or my new ability.Only people who had unlocked 47% or more could learn how to teleport.

  This time, the love interests would be watching.I looked up at the V.I.P stands.The majesty the crown prince was talking to the Young Grand duke. The Archduke and Duke were sitting to his left.

  'Hmph, since when have I refered to them with their titles?There's something wrong with me.'I thought, shaking my head.

  Suddenly, a thought struck me.No way, was I gaining respect for these virtual characters?!Well, but this is real life to them...What if, I multiverses exist?!Maybe there was a multiverse that housed the game's universe.Wasn't there a movie in my world where this doctor traveled multiverses with some girl to stop some evil enchantress or witch?!

  'Iris, movies aren't real!Don't be silly!'I thought.

  "Start!"I heard the presenter announce.

  Ah!I was so focused on my thoughts that I did not hear the presenter.

  The opponent seemed to have studied my past games, as he made sure to not even give me moment to think about teleporting behind his back.His barrage of attacks forced me to dodge.There was no room for me to make a counterattack!

  I teleported backwards and raised my arms.A bow appeared in my hands.

  Yes, I got Eos to make me a magic bow overnight, I gave him a peck on the cheek in return. TwT

  I pull back the string and an arrow appeared, already loaded I. The bow.

  I squinted.Aim...and shoot.I released the arrow and it hit the guy's shoulder.Blood slowly ran down his arm like a watercolour painting as he pulled out the arrow.

  I smirked.This fight is already over.

  I continued dodging his attacks, and he slowly started to succumb to exhaustion.Well, at least that's what it seemed to others.

  In truth...the guy coughed blood...he was succumbing to my poison arrow.

  Before I knew it, he passed out, and was quickly taken away to be treated.

  I just had to continue to plough through the competition, and I would be set.I looked up to the V.I.P section, and smiled.

  Suddenly, a notification popped up in front of me.

Challenge, become the winner of the fighting competition! Rewards:100,000 gold & +20% affection points for all love interests
          -accept-               -decline-

  The answer was easy.I pressed accept.

  After that match, I went to the pavilion and had Carina set up tea.I knew Zareth Tenebrae often came here from my limited knowledge of him.

  As I predicted, Zareth came.

  "Lady Asterisk, what a surprise to meet you here, I did not know you came here too."Zareth greeted me.

  "Well, I come here for tea every once in awhile.It gives me a good view of the gardens as I sip my tea."I replied.

  Zareth grabs and chair and sits opposite me.I nodded to Carina and she poured tea for Zareth.

  "Something's different about you."Zareth said, "Your eyes have changed."

  I almost sout out my tea.What?

  "Pardon?"I asked.

  "Your eyes used to have a bit of orange above your cheek.I heard from Duke Voldigoad that you only had that speck of orange when your not coldly staring down upon the person before you."Zareth replied, "If you happen to dislike the person or are performing magic, your eyes glow purple and cover the orange.I realized...that your eyes have only been a dull purple with no specks of orange every time I see you."

  My eyes widened.His affection percentage was...8%.Had that quirk I did not even know Astraea had hurt him this much?I did not know her eyes showed her true feelings!I had to make up for my losses!

  "Do you dislike me, Lady Asterisk?" Zareth asked, frowning.

  He looked like a sulking child, and I could not say no to that look.I pushed his hair behind his ear.

  "No, I do not.Eos left out something...that my eyes glow purple when I feel intense emotion.Its not only because of hate, but of me having any strong emotions at all.Plus, my eyes did not glow purple, did they? They were just purple, so I was feeling a strong, but not negative emotion."I explained to Zareth.

  In truth, I was just scared of dying whenever I was with him.

  ZARETH:8--->14 affection points

  My eyes widened.Since when did the affection percentage increase so drastically?!

  "Then, what emotion did you feel?"He asked.

  "That is a question which I will reply another day, Grand duke Tenebrae. For now, just know that I do not dislike you."I replied.

  Zareth smiles.

  ZARETH:14-->16 affection points

  What?!I just said that I did not dislike him!I do not understand men...

  Zareth kissed my hand, then stood up to leave.

  "Then I look forward to seeing you next time, Lady Asterisk."Zareth said, "But don't be naughty, you're engaged to the Crown Prince, Lady Asterisk."

  My face turned red.Oh right!I forgot! I must break this engagement as soon as possible so it will be easier to win the hearts of the love interests!Zareth walks away.Ugh, I could not believe I forgot I was engaged to that Crown Prince.