Tea

Everyone was frozen in shock.Only Alastair leaned back with an uncharacteristic frown on his face.It took me a few seconds to register what just happened.I just had my first kiss.

  My face started burning from embarrassment.Alastair had always respected my boundaries but now-I wanted to dig and hole and hide in it.

  However, I realised that it was not about breaking boundaries.It is actually a sign of a good relationship. It was not only one person making the big leaps forward in the relationship, but back and forth between the two.

  "I won't apologize if you think that is what I'll do."Alastair said seriously, smiling after seeing my red face, "I'm not just your annoying little brother.I'm your fiancé, Astraea.I think it would be fair if I'm promoted to the same teir as I the teir I gave you."

  -Alastair POV-

  I only realised that I had kissed Astraea after I actually did it.It was strange...seeing Astraea vulnerable in front of me, then smiling to hide her pain...it felt painful to watch.I wanted to comfort her, I wanted to hug her, so why in the world did I kiss her?!

  Don't tell me in the dark recesses of my mind I'm some pervert or something!The Crown Prince cannot be a pervert!!As I fought a crisis in my head, I tried to think what to say next.I should apologize!!Astraea would never forgive me like this!!

  However...some part of me felt that I should not stay this way, following Astraea's every word and request.

  'Apologizing to her would just continue to make her think you're like an annoying little brother, and you don't want that, do you?'A voice in my head whispered.

  Well...my subconscious does have a point.If I continue like this, our relationship will never progress.I'll be stuck as that always-smiling, pure prince.Most women would love that but Astraea was different.To get her love, I have to take some big steps in our relationship from time to time.

  I glanced at Astraea.Her face was red.Why did that arouse me?I shook my head internally.Think straight, Alastair, your the crown prince for Trinity's sake!!Don't think such horrid thoughts!!

  I then settled on acting serious, and spoke with confidence that I usually never showed in private with Astraea.

-FL'S POV-

My eyes widened.Never had I thought Alastair, the literal 'golden' boy of the group of love interests would have this side to him.I was rather shocked.

  "So deal?"Alastair asked, his friendly tone returning to him with his signature smile.

  I chuckled.I guess at this point this world will continue pushing us together from now on.At first, I never thought I could have Alastair as a lover.However, seeing his ugly side has made me fear him a tiny bit.Whi knows what ugly thoughts Alastair has been hiding?Whatever it is, now is not the time to anger him, not while he is in such a fragile state.Additonally, I would not want to hurt his feelings, he is my fiancé after all so I'll at least pretend.

  "You're getting more daring I see. Alright, I'll try it out, just don't be dissapointed if it doesn't work out.I would not want our friendship to be tarnished over this."I explained.

  "I was a friend to you all along?"He asked, visibly irritated.

  "Mhmm~"I replied.

  Alastair crossed his arms and sighed.

  "Well, it's better than nothing.Im just hurt that you put your own fiancé in the friend zone."Alastair joked, but I could sense that the joke was not just supposed to be funny.

  I could feel a bit of anger and maybe even hurt in his words.I guess Alastair is really dedicated.I was regret my choice earlier.I do not want Alastair to be dissapointed if I give up the relationship mid-way, and Alastair knew I would eventually accept to not hurt his feelings and act my role as his fiancé.Hah...did Alastair successfully guilt-trap me?

  I chuckled.

  "Your smarter than I thought you were, was this your plan all along?"I asked, "I never thought you had that side to you!"

  Alastair simply smiles in reply to my question.

  "You never know what I think sometimes."Alastair said.

  "Then what do you think of?"I asked, finding an opening to tease him.

  I sipped my tea as Alastair looked deep in thought.

  Then, Alastair mouthed the words, "For example, I enjoyed what I did earlier.I hope we can do that more."

  My face turned red and I turned away, coughing as Alastair laughed.He has truly caught up to me in terms of wit.I cannot tease him as easily now.Did Alastair get a power-up or something?No...he probably had it in him just that he chose not to show it.

  'He's becoming more like the brave, dashing prince from the otome game.'I thought, 'But this time for me, not Emmeline.'

  That felt oddly refreshing to know.

  Alastair chuckled.

  "I look forward to furthuring our relationship."Alastair said in a almost buissness-like voice, as if he was stating the conditions of a contract.

  I nodded, oddly curious at this new him.Alastair then smiled and held up a tart to my mouth.

  "Eat, you're still recovering from magic overuse from the war.I heard to you lost almost 5kg after coming back."Alastair said.

  "That's-"I muttered, surprised at Alastair's gesture before he stuffed the small tart into my mouth.

  I chewed and swallowed.

  "Be quiet and eat."Alastair said, smiling in a dangerous way.

  I nodded stiffly.Yikes, I think I know what Alastair looks like to his enemies on the battlefield now.After I swallowed, Alastair wiped some cream off my lips, then used his other index finger to tap my lips.

  Confused at his gesture, I gave him a questioning look.

  However, Alastair just stared at me for awhile before falling out of trance.

  "Sorry, I got distracted."Alastair said, "Let's eat now."

  I felt as if he withheld a thought from me, but I forgot it, as I dug into the amazing teatime snacks.

  Author's Note:Alastair getting dirty XD