Exams

Emmeline when not using her blood magic ^

The exams, that should have taken place on the day Emmeline came, had been delayed.Due to recent problems like the war with Heilos and the school still recovering from the terrorist attack on the first ball I had here.

Families and students were still in mourning for the hundreds of dead students from the terrorist attack. From 16 classes of 40 of the 17-year olds and 18-year olds, the numbers have been reduced to 10.Majority of the students that died were the 17 year olds who lived on the first level of the dormitory building.

46% of the student populace had died that day.

I shivered at that thought.The knights academy, where the terrorists came from, also suffered a loss of students though not as steep as Avishai.The perpetrators were executed brutally despite their age.The accomplices were exiled.The conspirers were expelled.This left quite a dent in their school's student population.

Now, the school is still on edge.They had tightened security and implemented a curfew.Not that I minded much, though.Just that it would take more effort if I ever need to go get more books at night.

Everyone else also did not mind, as they were too busy preparing for the exams.They had been delayed a week, so we had ample time to prepare for it.I totally forgot about the exams, but I was sure I could finish my revision and get decent marks, at least.While everyone else spent the time away from school studying for this exam, I was fighting a war, getting taken hostage and giving a speech.

I really hope I can get good marks.It is all up to Astraea's memories and my revision of the new topics we learnt this year.

I started taking down what the teacher was writing on the whiteboard.Now that exams were near, teachers were also stressed and handing us exam prep papers and making us write more notes.

Soon, class ended.Oh, it was recess now.

"Guys!"Emmeline chirped, as the other students started leaving in droves.

Eos, Alastair and I turned to look her.

"How about we set a date to study together for the exams?"Emmeline asked, beaming.

"And how do we trust its not a trap?"Eos asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

Emmeline pouted her lips and crossed her arms.

"I'd never resort to dirty tactics like that!My intentions are pure.If you guys are worried for your safety around me then we can go somewhere public."Emmeline suggested.

Still...I remained cautious and silent. Emmeline has been pretty neutral right now, not really doing much except that time she kidnapped me so Accina could talk to Trinity.So I cannot rule out that this is one of Accina's plans.

Or else, why would Emmeline want to study with us?

Emmeline sighed at after a minute it silence.She retied her low ponytail, expecting one of us to say something, but we all persisted to stay silent. Annoyed, Emmeline broke the silence.

"Look, truthfully speaking, I want to become friends with you people since you guys are supposed to be my enemies.Since I don't know when we will revert back to enemies, it's better to keep you close.You know what they say, keep closer to your enemies.So for now when everything is still in peace, let us enjoy it together, eh?"Emmeline explained.

Hmph, Emmeline did have a point.It would be good to keep her close just to monitor her and make sure she does not do anything.I glanced at Alastair and Eos, who seemed to be thinking the same thing.