The ball

Soon, the next day rolled around which held the ball.A total of 10 students died and 35 were injured by the attack.Despite that, they still decided to hold the ball.However, they had increased security so that only the nobles, royalty and the students could enter.

  Today, I wore a dress with a high collar to hide my bandaged neck and Carina helped braid and style my hair.
Carina also drew a design on my arm using some kind of body paint from this world.Carina also gave me a potion that made my hair grow longer.She told me it would last four hours.

  My partner for the ball would be Alastair.This would be the first time the emperor and empress saw me with Alastair in public.

  They wanted to see how I would act in front of people.

  I was then brought by Carina and the maids to the second door reserved for the royal family.I was to be announced and walk in with Alastair.

  When I reached there, Alastair was already waiting for me.The more stressful thing was that his parents were right beside him.I gulped.

  "Lady Astraea, you look beautiful tonight."Alastair said, bowing, "I see that you have used the new hair growth potion."

   I curtsied.

  "Thank you, your majesty."I replied.

  Alastair offered me a hand and a butler started counting down to when we walk in.

  I heard an announcer say, "Please welcome the Crown Prince of the Blaese Empire, Crown Prince Alastair Damien Blaese, and his fiancé, Lady Astraea Asterisk of house Asterisk."

  The butler than signaled for us to go in as we were met with applause.

  Astraea's hearing seemed to be very good, as I could hear what the people were saying.

  'What a power couple.'

  'That girl is only a lady, you know?'

  'Sheesh she looks like a porcelain doll.'

  'She's an albino you idiot.'

  'I heard she has an affair with Duke Voldigoad.'

  'I wonder how she managed to seduce the prince to be engaged to him.'

  'I heard she apprehended the knights single-handedly from yesterday.She's the best light mage in the empire.'

  'No way!'

  I sighed.Most of the rumours were bad, but I was rather intrigued to how people thought I apprehended the knights single-handedly.They seemed to have forgotten Eos helped me.Well, a rumour that a woman aingle-handedly stopped a bunch of terrorists would definitely be more shocking and spreaded more than 'A woman stopped most of them but worked together with a man to beat the final few with magic resistant armour.'

  I sighed.I felt Alastair squeeze my hand.I turned to look at him

  "Is there something wrong, Astraea?" Alastair whispered.

  He realized that I heard those rumours.Alastair must be worried that I'd be provoked by them.I chuckled.Did he really think those nobles even deserve my anger?I would not give them the satisfaction of being provoked by their absurd rumours, and embarrassing myself in front of the entire noble society.

  "Nothing, just continue walking."I replied, smiling.

  Alastair immediately became quiet. He knew silent anger was the most dangerous type.

  We sat down at the tables reserved for the royals on an elevated platform. Next, the announcer announced the Emperor and Emperess and those two walked in.