Sweet child

Some might call my plan malicious and rebellious, while others would call my plan righteous and brave.

  I, contrary to what most people might think, think that my plan is neither good nor evil.After all, I would be destroying the lives of Astraea's parents.Well, not like they were her parents anymore.Astraea really lost her parents at 6, after money got to their heads.However, it did not change the fact that they gave life to Astraea and gave her a good childhood for the first few years of her life.

  Now, I was heading to Astraea's parents' mansion.Her parents, Astherielle and Alexiel, sent me a letter to request me to come back home to talk about school.Most of the students here would go back to their mansions to spend the weekend but Astraea distanced herself from her parents.I also had to investigate the sketchy reason of how they became nobles so I thought 'might as well.'

  "Astraea, can you promise me that you'll try not to get injured in fights?It's not like I can stop you from running into conflict in the first place, so this is the second best thing I can ask you to do."Alastair said.

  It was nice that he respected Astraea's choices and did not hold her back like a helicopter spouse.I respected him for that.In this day and age, women were treated more like a decorative vase in a man's home.So it was quite...advanced for Alastair to be thinking like this.I could tell his reign would bring great change to this kingdom.With a woman such as Astraea by his side, they would change this world for the better.I smiled at the thought of this world's bright future.

  "Your thinking is ahead of this world's, and I respect you for that."I said, speaking with truth that my words usually did not include since I came here, "And thank you for being one of the few people whom I've spoke truthfully about.You don't know how many lies a woman tells to everyone around her.Though sometimes you feel like an annoying little brother."

  Alastair smiled.

  "I can't believe I have the respect of the most genius light mage since the first light mage."Alastair teased.

  "Don't test my patience."I snapped, "I may say that I have respect for you but I also said you're like an annoying

  "Yep, I'm your annoying little brother from another life."Alastair joked.

  I rolled my eyes.He was so childish but in a cute way.(ngl, though I'm quite embarrassed to admit it)No wonder Astraea took a liking to him. His cheerfulness really reduced the stress I had at meeting Astraea's parents for the first time.From what I heard, she did not have the best relationship with their daughter.I was also scared that as Astraea's parents, they might notice that I am not her. My fists were tightly clenching my dress so hard that my knuckles were white.My breathing was uneven, which I was trying to hide.My fists were side by side each other.

  "What are you worried about?"Alastair asked, holding both my fists with his two hands, "Your hands are shaking."

  My eyes widened.He noticed.Well, he was a human.I need to remember that.He's not just some scripted character in a game.I looked down at my fists, they were shaking.I relaxed my eyes and looked up at him.

  "Meeting my parents."I said in a terrified whisper.

  To be honest, I thought Astraea would be nervous meeting her parents too.After all, they were the ones that put her through those four hard years.She must have had at least one traumatic experience in that period that would make her fear her parents.

  Alastair looked at me, his face dark. A face that I had never seen him make before.Like I literally thought before this that he was like a sweet, innocent child.That face was from someone that could kill.

  Alastair then plastered on a smile and said, "Don't worry, if anything happens just send Carina or a letter to me.I can pull you out of that house if your uncomfortable."

  My mouth was slightly open.I did not expect him to say that.I then managed to smile as my fists loosened.

  "Thank you, Alastair."I said, hugging him, "Thank you for being in my life."

  I beamed at him as I leaned back.I then chuckled after seeing Alastair's face.Alastair's cheeks were red as he tried to hide it.My god, he really reminded me of a sweet, innocent child after his crush talks to him or something.

  "You might be annoying at times, but sometimes your actually quite sweet." I added.

  "Stop it my brain can't handle this yet."Alastair muttered, his cheeks growing redder "Since when have you been so...alluring? It really makes me want to hurry up and marry you already!"

  I chuckled.Like a child going through puberty indeed.Actually, he should be going through puberty around now...I shook my head in my mind.Don't think about that, Iris!Keep the kink to yourself!!(I laughed aloud writing this XD)

  "The child is growing up..."I muttered under my breath, sniffling and laughing on the inside.

  "Excuse me?"Alastair asked.

  "Nothing."I replied, beaming.

  "Can you guys not be so...like this in here?It's too sweet watching you two lovebirds."Carina said, blushing slightly, "It feels like a romance novel-"

  Both our faces turned red and we started muttering to ourselves. Suddenly, the coach stopped.Oh god we arrived.I was shaking.The moment of truth, would Astherielle and Alexiel discover I'm not their daughter?!

  "If it's more comfortable for you, may I stay for lunch?I have extra time today."Alastair offered.

  Even though I knew that he was very blatently lying that he had extra time that day, I decided to remain ignorant and pretend to be decieved.(for awhile)It is nice to have such a positive, cheerful person in what would be a likely tense atmosphere.

  "Alright, if it does not trouble you."I replied.

  I had to admit, Alastair knew Astraea quite well.He understood Astraea's way of thinking of not wanting to bother anyone.Hence, I played along that way.

  "However, don't ignore your duties when you become emperor for me."I added, acknowledging that I knew his plan.

  Alastair turns red again and I chuckle.The butler opens the carriage door.Carina leaves first, followed by Alastair.As I walk out he extends a hand for me to take.I smiled and took it.

Author's Notes:Ahhh 400 reads.Im so happy (⁠'⁠;⁠ω⁠;⁠`⁠)I'll continue writing this story as long as even one person wants to see it continue (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤ Thank you for your support!!(⁠つ⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ Let's work together to get to the next milestone, 500 reads!You may have noticed that I changed the title, cover and description a bit.Like, its kinda clear that Heongchae/Iris is not really 'rewriting the script'.Hence I changed it slightly.Finally, I've decided to put Author's notes for every chapter now!!✧⁠◝⁠(⁠⁰⁠▿⁠⁰⁠)⁠◜⁠✧ I hope you won't mind my bantering and ranting here.Anyways さよなら! :D