Chapter 52

The following afternoon, Haseena bravely completed all formalities at the police station, with Santosh and Umar supporting her completely.

As they walked out of the station, Umar was about to say something to Haseena when the grinding sound of a car interrupted them. They turned around to see who had just stepped in the opposite direction.

As Haseena recognized the car, she walked towards the car not giving Umar a chance to speak anything.
The driver came out of the car and said, “Police station mein saath chalne k liye mana kiya tha, par yahan aake pick-up karne k liye nahi.”

As Karishma smiled and shrugged her shoulders, she winked at Santosh in thanks and threw something at her.
Santosh grabbed it in excitement and said, “Deal hui thi hamari, inhone kaha tha k message kar dena jab hum logo ka ho jaye toh and I get my favorite brand of lipstick in return."

Haseena widened her eyes and shook her head in disbelief as Karishma gave her a warm smile and said, "Chaliye madam, we have a long day ahead of us."

As Karishma gestured to Haseena to get into the car, she just nodded and sat in the passenger seat. They both left, leaving Santosh and Umar behind. Umar kept looking at the car with a sorrowful look until it was out of his sight.

After driving for a while, Karishma halted the car in the corner. As Haseena was puzzled by it, Karishma took out a black cloth from her pocket and asked, "I wanna blindfold you?"

“What?” asked Haseena confusingly.

"I want to take you somewhere, and it's a surprise for you," replied Karishma as Haseena just stared at her while she continued, "Do you trust me?"

Haseena replied honestly, "Of course I do."

Karishma asked, "So can I?"

Haseena nodded and Karishma tied the blindfold.

Finally, they arrived at their destination. Karishma halted her car and helped Haseena walk to the location. She felt a slight chill, enough to make her a gentle shiver but not enough to require a jacket.

"All right, you ready, are you?" asked Karishma with enthusiasm.

“Remove the blindfold and we will see,” replied Haseena without delay.

Then Karishma asked her to stand still and come behind her, removing her blindfold.

Haseena adjusted to the light and her vision eventually came into focus. She was awestruck by the scene in front of her.

“Beautiful,” was the only word that came out of her mouth.

The front view was beautiful and serene, as the mountain's heaven-touching apex was drenched in brilliant light. There were mountains all around you till your view ceased, making it feel like the mountains met the sky.

“Kahi padha tha maine, you should spend one day differently than your normal routine. Isliye tumhe yahan leke aayi hoon, socha aaj is view mein lunch karenge aur inka ek chota trail jata hai Sunset Point pe wahan jake khubsurat si sunset ka luft uthayenge. Kya kehti ho??" said Karishma excitedly.

Haseena just kept staring at the view before her and didn't respond. This left Karishma confused, as she thought Haseena didn't like her plan and she said, "Galib, are you listening to me? Dekho koi zabardasti nahi hai. If you want, we can immediately head back."

Haseena looked back at Karishma in astonishment and replied, “Aur aapko aisa kyun laga k hume ye pasand nahi aayega, humne aisa nazara kabhi nahi dekha isliye thode kho gaye the aur hum ye sab karna chahte hai aapke saath.”