Chapter 1

A 30-year-old lady wearing Kurta and Jeans outfit was waiting for an announcement of her flight as she sipped her tea and was reading a book while wearing her black cat eye glasses. She had a lot of luggage with her

In her Mind "Ya Khuda Shayad ye humari akhri chai hogi aur pata nahi kab naseeb hogi ye Hume dubara."

Once again, she looked at her last cup of masala tea

"Pata nahi waha pe log Coffee kyu pasand karte hai itni. Garam Chai k bagair toh hum Hindustani rahe nahi sakte isliye har gali mohalo k aas pass chai ki tapri hoti hi hai"

"Waise acha hua k chai pati bhi rakhli humare saath khud banakar pi lenge"

Flash Back

A lady in her mid 30s with glasses on her nose was constantly looking over at the person who was sitting opposite her chair.

The lady spoke after a few minutes of silence "Haseena I guess it's a great opportunity for you. I personally feel you should grab it"

Haseena’ s POV

My name is Haseena Mallik. I completed my MBA in Finance and immediately got hired by MNC Bank to work as a Finance Officer, and after several promotions I got assigned to the canada branch as a Manager. At my age I should have been a AVP or a Senior AVP. As I started my studies late, I got my position late, but being a manager is not a bad thing at all. Aparna Das, the woman seated in front of me, is my therapist.

Since I've been in therapy for nearly 7 years with her, she encouraged me to refer to her by her first name to help us bond better. Despite the fact that she must be my elder sister's age. Therapy can be an effective treatment for a host of mental and emotional problems. Simply talking about your thoughts and feelings with a supportive person can often make you feel better. It can be very healing, in and of itself, to voice your worries or talk about something that’s weighing on your mind. She is a trained listener who has helped me get to the root of my problems, overcome emotional challenges, and make positive changes in my life.

Present

"I'm still not sure how I feel about it," Haseena said while playing with the pen in her hand without looking up.

Aparnaji simply nodded and said, "You are doing great for yourself, and you have improved a lot this years. Remember moving from Lucknow to Mumbai was not so easy for you when you first arrived. Nonetheless, you overcame your fears and anxieties. Yes, it is a tough decision to leave India, but you have made even tougher decisions in your life.” finished Aparnaji.

Haseena spoke with profound words: "I know looking back at my journey, I have really come a long way, but my journey has not been easy. Although I have been struggling with my life, I was a survivor and now I'm starting to put my scattered pieces back together. I have always wanted to work as a Financial Analyst and contribute to the growth of my organization.”

Again, she turned her gaze downwards.

“What is bothering you now” asked Aparna Ji in concerned tone.

“I don’t know exactly in fact, I have managed to set myself up here in Mumbai with a lot of effort. I've made my routine accordingly and now I need to change it again.”said Haseena.

Aparnaji Cuts her between “You have been working as a robot for the last 3 years without breaks or any social life. I think you've improved a lot in the past few years from being low on self esteem and low on confidence to somebody who can communicate with confidence. I once asked you to chase your dreams and follow your heart. You have achieved the success even after staring your studies late and with all the little efforts you have managed to get your dream job. Now you need to set goals for your personal life too.”

“One Minute do you want to move back to your home back in Lucknow???” Said Aparnaji with stern tone.

This question from Aparnaji stunned Haseena, "No, never what made you think that I wanted to go back to Lucknow where all my dark and horrible memories of my past would return. Never want my past to affect my present and future in any sense. Yes, I still have a lot of issues and anxieties to deal with but will never give up on it. Any which way after Demise of my parents Lucknow don't feel like home anymore. I don't have anyone mine here in India anymore.

So, what is stopping you from taking this offer and moving out of India? Asked Aparnaji

Haseena’s expression changed in embarrassment “I hate flying. Just thinking about the word 'flying' gives me a pang of dread, twinges of imminent diarrhea and the feeling that I might choke on my own fear. In my gut, I feel a direct link between getting on the plane and feeling trapped, out of control. I envisioned a fiery, harrowing death.”

After pouring her heart out she was just looking at Aparnaji’s face to find out if she is amused by her confession.

Aparnaji after completely understanding her situation and thinking said” All the problems come with solution. Now you need to decide the opportunity which you are been offered is greater than your fear of some hour. You have really worked hard to reach this position. Please don’t give up on this because of your flying anxiety. When you need to leave???

“Joining will be after 45 days as I have to complete my pending task here and give complete handover.” said Haseena 

“Sure then we have ample of time with us. I will make you some point which you have to prepare before boarding the flight. I have full confidence you will accomplish this hurdle as well from your path.” Said Aparnaji with the confident face.

A smile came on Haseena’s face but soon it was vanished as something strick her mind.

Haseena said in an upset tone, "No matter how hard I try, I can't escape from my past. The secret i have will remain a secret no matter what I continue to live the life im living, smiling at everyone as if i am not screaming inside and i pretty much act like nothing is wrong"

There is nothing that can't be fixed Aparnaji insisted.

"The fact that it needs to be fixed means it is broken,"Haseena remarked

"I guess everyone has their own way of fixing themselves. Self-love or being loved unconditionally. As you are doing well in your career, seriously start to focus on your personal life now. I'm not saying to start dating, but at least start making friends. A new city may bring new changes, resulting in a new start. Humesha yaad rakhna Bhetrin dino k liye bure kal ko shod na padta hai.” Aparnaji affirms

Haseena smiled when she heard her speaking Hindi, something she does very rarely, Her first language is not Hindi as she is from Kolkata.

"I'm sure you'll do great, and if you want I have a friend who lives in Toronto if you wish I can ask her to help you" assured Aparnaji.

"No issues, you can speak with her," Haseena answered with gloomy expression.