Chapter 75

The decision was made to hold the engagement in the next two days, taking advantage of the weekend. As for the wedding celebration, Karishma and Haseena planned to apply for leave from their respective jobs. The wedding was scheduled to take place two weeks later, following the date provided by the Marriage registrar.

For the engagement ceremony, the responsibilities were divided, with Santosh and Priyanshu taking charge of the decorations. Meanwhile, Pushpaji decided to oversee the food arrangements. The plan was for a small, intimate function, attended only by a select few of their close friends.

Karishma and Haseena were entrusted with the task of purchasing their respective rings and shopping for the special day. The excitement was palpable as they happily embarked on their shopping expedition, entering the mall hand in hand.

Karishma, in a joyous mood, asked, "Toh boliye madam, pehle kapde kharide ya ring choose karein?"

Haseena, still holding her hand, replied, "Pehle ring lete hain, hum dono ko kapde choose karne ke liye jyada time nahi lagta, aur ring toh special hone wali hai, isliye aaram se lenge." Karishma simply nodded while Haseena continued, "Aur waise bhi, ye sirf ring nahi hongi balki humare pyaar ki hamare rishte ki aur hum dono k commitment ki nishani hogi toh thoda time lenge hume use chune main"

"Kyu nahi, jo aapko pasand ho, ya jitna waqt lage chalega," replied Karishma lovingly, and they walked into various jewelry stores, exploring a myriad of engagement ring designs. The couple aimed to find the perfect rings that would symbolize their unique bond and commitment to each other.

Finally, they arrived at a boutique jewelry store renowned for its distinctive and intricate designs.

The shop attendant greeted them, saying, "Yes, ma'am, how can I help you?"

"We are looking for engagement rings that would complement our style and should be suitable for everyday wear," explained Haseena.

Karishma quickly interrupted and added, "Please show something with a sober design."

The attentive shop attendant promptly went to retrieve some rings that would meet their preferences.

"Krishu, aap toh diamond ring wali demanding biwi banewali thi na..... Toh ab kya hua?" asked Haseena playfully, sitting beside Karishma with a wide smile.

A frown appeared on Karishma's face as she asked "Kya matlab hai iske baad tum mujhe ring nahi dilvaugi??"

"Kya matlab hai aapka" asked Haseena in confusion.

"Aree baba, occasionally pehne ke liye leti rahungi na rings, earrings ya koi aur jewellery," said Karishma in witty tone, then added, "Ab itni kamane wali biwi hai toh mast aish karungi uske paiso pe," wiggling her eyebrows at Haseena.

"Haan, kya?" asked Haseena with a wide smile while playfully pulling Karishma's cheeks.

"Fir kya?" replied Karishma, winking at her.

"Waise biwi, this ring will be more than just jewelry; it's going to be the embodiment of our enduring love and unwavering commitment. Every time I look at it, I'll be reminded of my beautiful wife, as this ring will always be in contact with my skin, tracing a direct path from my finger to my heart," Karishma expressed, gazing affectionately into Haseena's eyes. Their locked gaze spoke volumes in that brief moment.

Unable to contain her emotions, Haseena impulsively leaned in and gave Karishma a quick peck on the lips. The sweet exchange caught Karishma off guard, and before she could react or savor the moment, it was abruptly interrupted by the shop attendant who came back with piles of designer rings.

Karishma leaned over to Haseena's ears and whispered, 'Iska jawab baad mai diya jayega aaram se,' before quickly returning to her seat to compose herself.