Chapter 8

Dear Reader,

Thank you so much for your response as the story moves into 2k.
I never could have imagined getting this kind of response.

I really want to give credit to two people who inspired me to writer DarkIsland2 and overthinking019 even though I have never directly spoken to either of them. I have always loved there work. Thank you.

I would have never imagined a Coder turning into something like this. Anyway I'll stop ranting and let's go with our story.  

This part has really drained me out emotional. Hope you guys like it

Do share your views in comments and dont forget to vote.

^___________________________________^

The trio enters house while pushpaji was constantly consoling Haseena who was crying vigorously.Karishma got water from kitchen and handed to Pushpaji. She made Haseena drink some water. Karishma was pacing to calm herself down.

Haseena said in between her sobs “Hume aap k saath aana hi nahi chaiye tha… Humare vajese aap logo bhi sharmandgi uthani padi.”

"It was my fault……Beta muje hi tumhe waha lejana nahi chaiye tha said Pushpaji apologizing

Weeping her tears, Haseena spoke of the situation she couldn't control “Aisa mat kahiye aap. Hum akele hi thik the Pushpee. Hum kitni bhi koshish karle aapne aatit se bhaag hi nahi sakt…… Isliye hume logo se daar lagta hai. Hume anxiety hone lagti hai bhid bhad wale jaga se. Aisa lagta hai k koi bhi kabhi bhi muje par ungliya utha sakta hai"

Pushpaji embraced Haseena and spoke, “Beta kab tak khud ko taklif deti rahogi. Muje laga tumhe yaha nayi shurvat karni chaiye. Although my intention was to make you comfortable, my perception about these people was incorrect. No wonder so many women stay on in abusive marriages, or even end their lives, rather than deal with the D word. Worse, our society approves of death over divorce."

Karishma listened to this and gave an unbelievable expression.

Haseena, still holding Pushpaji's arm, tried to contain her tears and spoke “When you got a divorce the society will treat you like you did the biggest crime ever. It’s horrible to experience ever one who used to treat you like an angel now after divorcee status treats you like a witch. My expectation was that the change in the country would lead to less judgmental society, but I was wrong”

Pushpaji wiped Haseena's tears and brought her out of her embrace, she said “Aise koi baat nahi hai….. Tum shaant ho jau…….You cannot completely block out society and its nasty opinions about you. Even for someone who is as selectively social as you are, the stigma against divorce is painful.

“You have no idea what have I gone through Isolated from most people, because I was too tired to be answerable to them all the time and explain my decisions, defend your stance, show off that you are strong and unaffected, to put on a facade for them so that they feel comfortable around you…...said Haseena

Pushpaji added “I know that walking out of a marriage is not easy and hence I am not in position to judge you or any woman who chooses to do it in a way. I understand it the existing stigmas make it even more complicated. Marriages don’t have to mean staying together till death. Putting an end to a troublesome relationship is always a better option.”

Haseena finally began to express her heart out and said “Shaadi aur Talak inn do lafzoo ne humari zindagi barbad kar k rakh di….. Aapko pata hai Pushpeee sab ko ye sab aasan lagta hai….. Shyaad Shaadi aasan ho sakti hai par Divorce duniya ki sabse mushkil karwai hai ek aurat k liye.