Chapter 50

^⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠^

In the late evening, Pushpaji was watching TV in the living room when Karishma came down hurriedly. As she walked into the kitchen, Pushpaji saw her pacing around and her restlessness was evident. Pushpaji walked towards her in concern as she saw the distress on her face, asking, "Krishu, kya hua hai?"

“Amma, woh pata nahi bohot ajeeb sa feel ho raha hai,” answered Karishma while pacing and rubbing her forehead.

Pushpaji immediately moved towards her and placed her palm on her forehead to check her temperature.

“Amma, main thik hoon bas thodi bechaini ho rahi hai,” replied Karishma with a stressed expression on her face.

“Yahan baith, main pani leke aati hoon,” said Pushpaji while making her sit on the kitchen stool.

In response, Karishma grabbed her hand and said, "Amma, pani pi liya maine par pata nahi aisa ajeeb sa kyun lag raha hai," and got up from her seat.

“Achha! shaant baith toh sahi,” scolded Pushpaji, looking a bit concerned at her worried face.

“Nahi Amma, main thoda bahar jake aati hoon shayad khuli hawa mein achha lagega, aur aate waqt Galib ko bhi le aaungi,” replied Karishma as she walked past her to grab the car keys and walked towards the main door.

"Krishu," called Pushpaji as she was about to say something. "Bye, Amma," Karishma said before slamming the main door and leaving.

“Hey Shivji, kya karu is ladki ka? Par aap dhyan rakhna uska,” prayed Pushpaji.

Meanwhile, at the party, Haseena, holding her head, was walking with trembling feet through the surging crowd as alcohol had taken a toll on her body. Her head was banging due to both alcohol and the loud music around. She felt suffocated as the room was filled with a stuffy atmosphere and darkness, so she wanted to move to a calmer place. It was impossible to move without banging on someone, but then she accidentally knocked on someone who was busy swinging high on music, and the person just gave her a look and yelled, "Hey, watch out!"

She apologized immediately, but her voice did not reach his ear due to the loud music, and he ignored her and continued his dance. "I need some fresh air," she murmured as her eyes were getting heavy and her vision blurry.

Haseena walked to one of the corners of the spacious lounge and found a door. As she opened the door, cold air blew on her face and a tear escaped from her eyes. She wiped the tears with her saree’s pallu and found a spacious balcony.

“I am so sorry!" exclaimed Haseena and closed her eyes as she spotted a couple making out in the corner.
They stop their passionate lip lock and turn to look at her in annoyance, while she stands there awkwardly.